Erie, PA, January 05, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- During the 2012 holiday season, Presque Isle Downs & Casino partnered with five local charities to help raise both monies and goods for our region and those affected by Hurricane Sandy. The casino partnered with The Second Harvest Food Bank, Toys for Tots Foundation, The United Way of Erie County, Presents for Patients and The American Red Cross.
These donations were supported and made possible by both their employees and players.
· 23,762 pounds of food collected for The Second Harvest Food Bank
· 1,000+ toys collected for the US Marine Corp Toys for Tots Foundation
· $18,620 collected for the United Way of Erie County
· $20,880 raised for Presents for Patients
· $20,360 collected for The American Red Cross Relief Efforts for Hurricane Sandy
“The generosity and support given by both our players and our employees has been truly overwhelming this year. I’d personally like to thank each and every one of you for your contributions to make these events such a huge success. These programs benefit the people in our area and we believe in helping take care of our neighbors and those affected by the recent superstorm,” stated Mike Tamburelli, Vice President & General Manger of Presque Isle Downs & Casino.
Presque Isle Downs & Casino remains dedicated to supporting the community and will continue to look for opportunities to give back to those in need.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available.
Learn more about Presque Isle Downs & Casino at casinoinerie.com