Denver, CO, February 18, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- What average people don’t know about car insurance can hurt them and cost them a great deal of money. That’s the reason why the Car Insurance Samurai was launched. The Samurai is a new website designed to educate and inform average people about auto insurance.
Recent changes in the insurance industry and everyday life can have a tremendous effect on auto coverage premiums. Yet many Americans don’t even know about these changes. The Samurai’s mission is to educate average people about these changes to help them save money.
Here are a few things about auto insurance most Americans might not realize:
· Installing a simple telematics device on a vehicle can save the owner hundreds of dollars a month on premiums.
· The number of miles driven and the time of day at which the vehicles is driven can have more effect on the insurance rates than the owner’s driving record.
· Letting somebody else drive a car can put the owner at serious financial risk.
· A driver might not have any collision coverage if she tries to make extra money using a car-hire app such as Uber
or Lyft. That means her car might not be replaced after an accident.
· Making a payment through an insurance agent will save a driver money.
· Uninsured motorists can sue a driver after an accident and they are more likely to sue than those with insurance.
· Many Americans are driving without uninsured motorists’ coverage, and they don’t realize it.
· Persons in rural areas often pay much higher rates for auto coverage than people in the city.
· Farmers and teachers can often get a discount on insurance simply because of their jobs.
· Good rates on a report card can lead to lower premiums.
These are just a few of the surprising facts about auto insurance drivers can learn from the Car Insurance Samurai, the warrior for low car insurance rates. Those interested in lowering their auto-insurance premiums should check out this fun and informative website today.