Bangkok, Thailand, February 13, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- SpiceRoads has designed a 15-day adventure – Bike and Hike Wild Madagascar
to a biodiversity hotspot world renowned for its natural treasures, rich culture and charming ethnic groups.
What to expect:
The tour meets at Antananarivo, Madagascar’s capital, and then travels through the highlands to the popular retreat of Antsirabe where the biking begins.
The biking and hiking adventure then heads southwest through many magnificent national parks, past crystal blue crater lakes to magnificent savannah grasslands and ends at the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean at Ifaly.
Highlights of the tour include:
* Andasibe National Park, a tropical rainforest teeming with chameleons, leaf-tailed geckos and the largest living lemur, the Indri.
* A visit to the Zafimaniry, an ethnic people who are famous for their wood carvings, which are listed as one of UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritages.
* Trek through the rainforest of Ranomafana National Park and spot the golden bamboo lemur.
* Cycle through the wine region of Madagascar to the beautiful town of Ambalavao with its brightly painted buildings.
* Hike through the canyons and along the pathways of the huge rock massifs of I’Isalo National Park, home to the ring-tailed lemurs.
* Cycle past Tritriva crater lake.
* End the tour at Ifaty beach.
This journey is a multi-activity tour consisting of 519 km of riding and 50 km of hiking. This trip is recommended for confident and physically fit riders looking for a challenging experience with a variety of off-road activities.
Costs and discounts:
The tour cost is US$3,250 with an additional US$395 for bike rental. Included are accommodation, all meals and drinks and snacks while riding.
For their inaugural tour - May 10, 2015 – enter promo code LEMUR and get 10% off.
SpiceRoads is a specialist bicycle tour operator based in Bangkok offering a range of two-wheel tours in over 25 destinations worldwide. SpiceRoads tours cater for every level of cyclist and range from day trips to complete country explorations. Participants are invited to join tours with fixed date departures scheduled throughout the year, while private or tailor-made tours can be arranged for groups or individuals on request. The highly professional operation employs experienced cycle guides to lead all tours and has a fleet of well-maintained mountain and road bikes and support vehicles.
Please call or email for more information or photos.