New York, NY, September 30, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Molded products have become increasingly smaller and thinner. In conventional molds, sprues and runners are too thick to mold such thin parts. Removing sprues helps to reduce the molding cycle. Of all dry-type, polyester molding premixes, Vyloglass can be applied to the runnerless molding most easily due to its very good heat stability inside the injection cylinder and lower viscosity. Manufacturers have put mini-runners into practical use as modular molds, and Vyloglass has become highly rated as the most suitable material for this modular system.
The Vyloglass material is especially applicable in electrical equipment, and electronic, automotive, heat-resistant and mechanical parts that require high thermal resistance, electrical properties and non-flammability. It comes in pellet form and made with crystalline unsaturated polyester resin; it is suitable for injection, transfer, and automatic compression molding. Available in three grades, each exhibiting excellent heat stability and electrical properties, with varying characteristics:
· VG-2200 / Higher heat stabilities than VG-7100. UL-94 class (HB)
· VG-7100 / UL-94 class V-O. UL746B Thermal Ind. Of 180 degree C
· VG-7110 / Higher strength. UL-94 class V-O
The product’s mechanical performance, moldability, handling efficiency and storage stability, provides versatility for a wide range of applications including: sockets, fuse holders, coil bobbins, thermostats. VYLOGLASS is well-suited for applications in electrical equipment, electronics, automotive, and heat-resistant, mechanical parts requiring high dependability, thermal resistance and non-flammability.
Vyloglass’ strongest benefits include:
· Non-flammable – Does not burn despite being halogen-free, achieving a UL-94 class V-0 flammability rating, and has outstanding resistance to electric sparks, tracking (> 900V) and arcing;
· Heat Resistant – Does not melt even at high temperatures, showing a heat deflection temperature (HDT) up to 290ºC;
· Forgiving – Deflects and shrinks minimally and provides superb stability in temperatures up to 250ºC;
· Moldability – Produces no gas and does not contaminate molds; is granular, so can be fed automatically, with excellent measurability;
· Cost Reduction – Can be easily used in runnerless injection molding for lower finished part cost because of its low viscosity and heat stability inside the injection cylinder.
For a catalog, datasheets, product samples and availability, contact Mitsubishi Gas Chemical America Inc. (New York, NY, US) advanced polymers sales & marketing manager Jun Mitadera at firstname.lastname@example.org
Japan U-Pica Company Ltd. was formed in 1977 when Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc. (Tokyo, Japan) and Toyobo Co., Ltd. (Osaka, Japan) merged their unsaturated polyester resin sales divisions. Other Japan U-Pica products for composites include urethane acrylate resins, BIOMUP polyester resin derived from bio-mass materials and CBZ epoxy resin for carbon fiber composites made using hand layup, filament winding, resin transfer molding (RTM) and vacuum assisted resin transfer molding (VARTM). CBZ offers the same flame resistance as Vyloglass and an HDT of 135º for neat resin and 205ºC for carbon fiber reinforced laminates.
For product samples and availability, please contact:
Manager, Marketing & Sales Advanced Polymerscomposite@mgc-a.com
Mitsubishi Gas Chemical America Inc.
655 Third Avenue, 24th Floor, New York, NY 10017
PR agency contact:
908-879-0888 ext 103