Comet Selected as an Approved Supplier for Government Home Access Scheme
Leading electrical retailer Comet has been selected as an approved supplier for the Government’s Home Access programme. Managed by Becta, Home Access is a Government scheme which will provide eligible low income families with computer and internet access. The aim of the scheme is to allow children to boost their education and life skills and provide benefits for the whole family.
The Home Access programme launched in January 2010 and targets learners aged between 7 and 14 years inclusive. More than 270,000 households could benefit through the programme by March 2011. Home Access packages can be purchased in Comet stores and other approved suppliers throughout England from late January 2010.
The package consists of a computer, connectivity, safety features and an enhanced wrapper of support.
Comet is offering a Home Access package priced at £528, including:
· An Acer laptop with Windows Microsoft 7
· 12 months mobile broadband access, either T-Mobile or 3 depending on network coverage
· Microsoft Office 2007 software
· The Windows Live suite, including Messenger and Photo Gallery
· Microsoft Movie Maker and Microsoft Media Player
· Safety and security features including anti-virus protection and internet filtering
· A range of online services
· Microsoft Learning Essentials
· Comprehensive support and warranty for one year
· Help and advice on getting started
For more information on Comet’s Home Access offering please go to Home Access at Comet or call 08448 470428.
Chris Kent, Comet’s General Manager for Commercial Process, commented: “It’s fantastic to be part of this programme following a successful pilot in Oldham and Suffolk. We are proud to be selected as the only national electrical retailer with approved supplier status for the government’s Home Access programme, and we look forward to working with Becta, who are delivering Home Access and providing a market leading proposition to eligible families across England.”
Carla Evans, Corporate Communications Manager
01923 714 429