Toronto, Ontario, Canada, June 10, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Applied Recognition announces the release of Fotobounce™ version 3.0, offering users the most secure way to share photos with friends and family members. With the release of v3.0, Fotobounce alleviates the concerns most users have about sharing their digital photos via a public website. These new features complement the unique people-centric photo management capabilities of version 2.0. Fotobounce also employs advanced face recognition technology to speed up the tagging of photos.
Fotobounce 3.0 enhancements include:
- Easy direct sharing of photos with friends and family: Create a peer network with any friends or family members that are running Fotobounce. Invite a friend to join the network as a fellow “Bouncer.” Once the invitation is accepted, a “Bouncer” can browse any photos marked as “public.”
- See whether friends are online or offline similar to Skype™: Friends that are online will show up clearly on the “Bouncer” list. Connect to those friends and browse photos by People, Events, Places, Keywords, and Collections.
- Invitations go by email, along with sample photos: Send an invitation email and attach “teaser” photos so friends and family members see a sample of the photos available for browsing.
- Full control over privacy: Of course security and privacy of data is a major concern as demonstrated by the recent uproar over default privacy settings and complexity. Fotobounce provides complete control over every album and what specific friends can see those albums. All transmissions of photos and associated data are encrypted with 128-bit SSL. Rest assured that no one can view any photos unless authorized.
- All photo tagging comes along with transferred photos: When viewing a photo on a friend’s (“bouncer”) system, one can see all associated info tags and people tags. If that photo is copied to the local Fotobounce library these tags also copy with the photos.
Benefits of the new Fotobounce 3.0 features include:
- No need to expose photos on a public website to share them with friends and family: By setting up a private network that allows friends to browse their respective photos, no photos have to reside on a public website. This avoids potential abuse of those photos.
- Get full resolution copies of photos from friends: Many photo websites, reduce the resolution of photos that are uploaded. This reduces the usefulness of those photos for tasks like printing photo books, posters and quality presentations. Fotobounce transfers the full resolution photos between friends.
- No need to wait for friends to obtain photos: It is common wait forever for a friend to send photos from an event. By joining with friends via Fotobounce, everyone has self-service access to photos immediately with no waiting.
- Save the hassle of using email or intermediate web storage to share photos: Sending lots of photos or large photos is usually a hassle with email or web-based “drop boxes”. With Fotobounce there is an easy way of browsing photos and grabbing only the desired photos.
- Save time tagging shared photos: Fotobounce copies all associated tagging info for each photo transferred. So one person does the tagging and all of their friends benefit because there is no duplication of effort.
"The wonderful appeal of Fotobounce is that your digital photographs can be instantly and safely shared with your social network the minute you download them," says Yasmin Ranade, publisher of Canadian tech blog, WhatsYourTech.ca. “It merges photographic memory with social media in a whole new way."
For more information and to download Fotobounce visit fotobounce.com. Specific inquiries or requests for information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.