San Francisco, CA, October 23, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Even the most efficient construction teams must work through change orders/requests for information (RFIs)—and anyone who has worked in construction knows there’s no quick, easy and effective way to get through the process.
Well, that’s about to change.PlanGrid
is launching its RFIs feature on October 20, which along with its existing collaboration and project document control capabilities, creates the first all-in-one RFI solution.
And it’s free.
The traditional RFI process is slow, frustrating and inefficient:
● Someone notices a problem on a construction project—from a missing dimension on a drawing to a light switch installed in the wrong location—and asks a question about it in an RFI.
● Evidence of the problem has to be collected in the field and somehow shared with the project team.
● An RFI is created with revised drawings to fix the problem—those drawings also have to be shared the team, which adds up, as projects often have upwards of 10,000 pages of blueprints and other documents.
● Then there is a lot of finger pointing, lost time and wasted money. Communication is jumbled because there are a lot of separate conversations between different groups of people that take place regarding the issue.
● When the problem finally does get fixed, someone has to answer the RFI with proof of the fix and then close out the process by posting the solution to project documents.
On top of all of that, the software available to manage the RFI process requires hours of training, only works on old systems and databases and does not adapt to its users. The whole process is difficult and inefficient.
PlanGrid has already solved the RFI steps of identifying the problem, collecting evidence and posting the solution (visit PlanGrid.com for more information). It’s new feature uses cloud technology and intuitive design to seamlessly handle the processes of asking the team about a problem, sharing the RFI and answering the RFI. Now the entire RFI process is all in one spot and can be completed without the use of archaic software that requires extensive training.
That means more time to build, less costs for customers and highly-productive project teams.
The features of PlanGrid’s RFI solution include:
● RFI statuses are fully customizable to project needs.
● Users can generate snapshots from blueprints, across all platforms, which automatically synchronize to the cloud for easy RFI referencing.
● Users can reference available snapshots, photos and attachments from their PlanGrid cloud.
● RFI PDF reports can be created and sent via email to project teams.
● Users can track the status of RFIs through the RFI log.
● Users can comment and enable communication regarding the RFI—meaning no more finger pointing since communication is centralized even if a project team is not.
● PlanGrid records every edit to the RFI and all edits are viewable in the RFI history—so details aren’t lost and team members are on the same page.
● Smart filters in the RFI log enable quick access to and tracking of RFIs.
● Users can post RFI responses directly to blueprints and then publish them to their whole team in seconds.
“PlanGrid is excited to be providing the first all-in-one RFI solution to the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry,” said Tracy Young, PlanGrid co-founder. “PlanGrid’s new RFI feature is easy to use and will save AEC professionals time, money and frustration—which in turn will create additional value for their own customers.”
With PlanGrid’s new feature, the RFI process will never be the same—and that’s a good thing.
About PlanGrid – PlanGrid.com
Founded in 2011, PlanGrid’s mission is to bridge the gap between good software and the construction industry. PlanGrid’s secure, cloud-based platform replaces paper blueprints, brings the benefit of blueprint version control to architecture, engineering and construction professionals and is a collaborative platform for sharing information such as ﬁeld mark-ups, progress photos, requests for information, issues tracking and punch lists from the field, office and anywhere in between.
Tablets are making huge waves in enterprise and PlanGrid is leading the way in the construction industry: PlanGrid is now being used on over 90,000 construction projects, and its cloud now stores more than 9 Million pages of blueprints (50,000+ pages are uploaded to its cloud every day). PlanGrid is being used on some of the largest projects in the world and its team is extremely driven and excited to enable communication and boost productivity in the architecture, engineering and construction industry.