Calgary, Canada, February 26, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- General Roofing Systems Canada has announced the development of drone (UAV) technology to work along-side roofing staff in an effort to save lives and increase roof repair productivity.
“The two most significant challenges we face as roof repair contractors are providing a safe work place for staff and meeting budgets. Cutting-edge drone technology is the first significant advancement in many years to assist in both areas. The roof repair business is one of the most dangerous professions in the world. We will send more workers home safe at night to their families and jobs will have a better chance of coming in on budget with efficiency gained by using drones,” said Tyler Sinclair - VP of Marketing at GRS.
“GRS is currently in the testing and regulatory phase. We expect drone (UAV) technology to be adapted for and ready for use by roofing contractors by the end of the calendar year. The primary barrier to entry is not technology - it will be regulatory,” Sinclair concluded.
How can drones limit injury to roof repair workers? Drones can:
· Carry material that may be heavy or cumbersome. Ladder use mishaps are one of the main injuries roof repair workers experience.
· Transmit real-time video to managers responsible for site safety compliance.
· Replace an estimator’s need to personally attend to a roof for cost pricing.
· Carry infrared technology commonly used to inspect roofs for leaks.
· Be programmed to work together to replace tedious worker injury causing motion. For example, a team of drones can carry roof rolls from one side of the roof to the other.
How can drones increase work-site productivity? Drones can:
· Save significant costs on labour or cranes to lift material to a rooftop.
· Speed up the process of estimating and inspections.
· Assist crew efficiency with movement of materials around a rooftop.
· Save on compliance costs with real-time video feeds.
About General Roofing Systems Canada (GRS):
General Roofing Systems Canada (GRS) is Canada’s Leading Roof Repair
Contractor. GRS serves roof repair customers from Vancouver to Toronto 24 hours a day. Contact online www.GRSCanadaInc.com , phone 1.877.497.3528 email info@GRSCanadaInc.com.