Best Travel Websites to be Named by Web Marketing Association in 20th Annual WebAward Competition
The best travel web sites in the world will be named by the Web Marketing Association as part of their 20th annual international WebAward Competition for Website development at www.webaward.org. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 96 industries, including travel, airline and hotel & lodging websites, based on the seven criteria of a successful web site.
Websites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use. Each WebAward entry in the Travel category is judged against other travel entries and then against an overall standard of excellence.
“The travel industry is very competitive when it comes to Web development and companies can benefit from the independent evaluation of their online efforts,” said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. “Travel web sites have been doing great in terms of creating dynamic portals to keep up with the shift in the industry that removed agents as the source of travel information. Judges have looked highly upon travel web site’s use of design, copywriting and interactivity.”
All travel entrants benefit from receiving valuable feedback in terms of their specific criteria scores compared against the average scores for their industry. They also may receive specific comments from the WebAward’s professional judging panel on their Web site development efforts.
Winners of a WebAward in the travel categories will also receive:
- Handsome statue or certificate of achievement
- Increased visibility for their company
- Marketing opportunity to promote the company website to the media
- Links to your site from the highly ranked WebAward site to help SEO
- Admiration of peers, friends and co-workers
Each year, the Web Marketing Association names the Best of Industry for the various travel categories based on the score they receive from the WebAward judges.
Winners of the Best Travel Website include:
- 2015 – TripCreator ehf. for TripCreator.com
- 2014 – USDM for Colorado Springs
- 2013 - Pixo Punch Limited for Hong Kong Summer Spectacular Campaign
- 2012 - Boyd Gaming Corporation for B Connected Online
- 2011 – Civic Resource Group for Wyoming Travel and Tourism Web Portal and Online Management System
- 2010 - TravelChannel.com & Razorfish for The New TravelChannel.com
- 2009 - VisitSweden for VisitSweden
- 2008 - Teehan+Lax Inc for AirMiles Make Like Miles
- 2007 - Arnold Worldwide for Hungry Suitcase
- 2006 - Hospitality eBusiness Strategies for RIU Cancun Portal
- 2005 - Yellowstone Journal Corporation for YellowstonePark.com
- 2004 - Quicksilver Associates for Seabourn Cruise Line
- 2003 - Apollo Interactive for Excalibur Las Vegas Resort Hotel & Casino
- 2002 - Arnold Worldwide for Alaska
Winners of the Best Airline Website include:
- 2015 – DigitasLBi for Virgin Atlantic Airways
- 2014 - Icelandair & TM Software for Icelandair
- 2013 – ROKKAN for JetBlue
- 2011 – Carlson Marketing for JetBlue – "TrueBlue Be True"
- 2010 - Lufthansa in partnership with Amadeus for Lufthansa Website
- 2009 - Blast Advanced Media for nature Air – Eco Friendly Costa Rica Airline
- 2008 - Atmosphere BBDO for Emirates.com
- 2007 - Cramer-Krasselt for AirTran Raceway
- 2006 - TM Interactive for American Airlines
- 2005 - TM Interactive for American Airlines
- 2004 - Cramer-Krasselt for AirTran Airways – E-Annual 2003
- 2003 – Agence Braque for Jetsgo
- 2002 – Air Jamaica for Air Jamaica
Winners of the Best Hotel & Lodging Website include:
- 2015 – HeBS Digital for Red Lion Hotels Website
- 2014 – Forte Village Resort for Forte Village
- 2013 – HeBS Digital for Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
- 2012 - TravelClick Web Solutions for Puente Romano
- 2011 – Sabre Hospitality Solutions for The Shores Resort & Spa
- 2010 – TRAVELCLICK for Harbour Grand Kowloon Hotel
- 2009 – TravelCLICK for the Albert Hotel
- 2008 - E-site Marketing for Hotel Terra Jackson Hole
- 2007 - Cendyn for Stonewall Resort
- 2006 - T3 (The Think Tank) for ExperienceMarriott.com
- 2005 - Open World, LTD for WARWICK International Hotels
- 2004 - Interactive Sites for The New York Palace web site
- 2003 - Open World Limited for Le Meridien Hotels & Resorts
- 2002 - FreeRun Technologies for Simpson House Inn
Travel Websites can be entered into consideration for the 2016 Best Travel Website WebAward at the WebAward Website.
The 2016 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: EContent Magazine, VerticalResponse, PR.com, ad:tech conferences, Webmaster Radio, and Website Magazine. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
About the WebAwards
The Web Marketing Association was founded in 1997 to help define the standard of excellence for online marketing. Our internationally known award programs, such as WebAward Competition for Website Development, Internet Advertising Competition and the MobileWebAwards, recognize the people and organizations responsible for developing the most effective online marketing programs on the Internet today. Entrants benefit from assessment of their marketing efforts by a professional judging panel and the marketing opportunities presented by being recognized as an award-winning web developer.