Vancouver, WA, November 03, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- San Diego based Solatube® International Inc., the worldwide leading manufacturer and marketer of tubular daylighting devices (TDDs), is celebrating its 25th Anniversary. The company invented TDDs (also known as tubular skylights), which harvest and distribute daylight in homes and commercial buildings, opening up an entirely new category in the lighting industry. Solatube Daylighting Systems are now frequently installed as part of energy-saving and sustainability efforts in residential and commercial spaces in over 120 countries.
Using patented technology, a Solatube Daylighting System harvests daylight at the rooftop, transfers it down a highly reflective tube (which bends up to 90 degrees and can be up to 70 feet or more long) and distributes it evenly into an interior space through a diffuser at the ceiling. The products have been installed in everything from homes to warehouses, schools, offices, manufacturing facilities, museums and government buildings, in every part of the world.
“So much has changed in the past 25 years,” said Solatube International CEO and Co-Founder David Rillie. “When we invented the tubular daylighting device back in late 1980s, daylighting wasn’t even a term anyone used; now it’s ubiquitous. We approach product development with the same passion and innovation as we did back then, bringing forth technological advances that change how millions of people around the world enjoy daylight.”
The first Solatube Daylighting System was sold in 1991 and millions have been installed since.
Solatube Global Marketing Inc. has been assisting with this growth specifically developing the markets of Europe, Latin America, Central Asia, and The Middle East since 1998 when it was founded by Solatube Co-Founder John Hanley.
President Brett Hanley shares, “We change the world and connect people to nature on a daily basis by offering innovative, sustainable solutions for everyday living.” This passion is changing the way people use daylighting through the introduction of the highest quality tubular daylighting devices on the market and educating the public worldwide on the benefits of daylighting their homes, offices, and warehouses.
Some notable types of installations from the past 25 years include:
· Classrooms – in schools around the world, students benefit from natural light delivered by Solatube Daylighting Systems. Numerous studies have shown higher test scores and improved academic performance by students exposed to daylight.
· Hospitality – the ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjärvi Sweden needed light but not heat, perfect for the Solatube Daylighting Systems.
· Warehouse/Manufacturing/Processing – for companies like PepsiCo and ArcelorMittal, daylighting contributes to building efficiency and productivity.
· Sports Arenas – in 2008 for the “World’s First Green Olympics” theme, Solatube Daylighting Systems were installed in the Beijing Science & Technology University Gymnasium for the judo and taekwondo competitions.
· Museums and Zoos – Solatube Daylighting Systems have been installed over fish tanks in homes, as well as in places like the Miami Science Museum, to provide natural light so aquatic life can flourish. They are installed in zoos around the world, such as the Schönbrunn Zoo in Vienna, Austria, Toronto Zoo in Canada.
· Transportation – Solatube products natural light to a road tunneled through a mountain in China and transportation hubs, such as the Santa Domingo Airport in the Dominican Republic.
· Agriculture – companies like Algae to Omega had Solatube Daylighting Systems installed over its tanks to promote growth of algae that’s harvested for use in a variety of products.
· Underground Installations – from underground parking facilities in China to an underground Mammoth Park in Serbia, Solatube Systems deliver daylight.
About Solatube Global Marketing
Solatube Global Marketing Inc., based in Vancouver, Washington in the United States, is the exclusive licensee and marketer of Tubular Daylighting Devices (TDDs) in Europe, Latin America, Central Asia, and The Middle East. Established in May of 1998, Solatube Global Marketing, Inc., Is changing the way people use daylighting has simply been the result of our passion to challenge conventional thinking and find a better way. Together with Solatube International, we are introducing the highest quality tubular daylighting devices on the market and educating the public worldwide on the benefits of daylighting their homes, offices and warehouses. For more information, please visit the Solatube Global Marketing website at www.solaglobal.com or call +1 (360) 844 0055.
About Solatube International
Solatube International, Inc., widely recognized as the daylighting industry innovator, has earned worldwide acclaim for its unrivaled ability to transform interior spaces with natural light. The company’s flagship product, the Solatube® Daylighting System, provides a revolutionary natural lighting solution for all types of residential and commercial applications and is the only specification-grade TDD currently available on the market. The maxim “Innovation in Daylighting™” reflects the company’s commitment to the development and distribution of breakthrough daylighting technologies, which has resulted in numerous patents dating back to the mid-1980s. Based in Northern San Diego, California, the company is the leading manufacturer and marketer of tubular daylighting devices (TDDs) for all types of residential and commercial applications. For more information, please visit the Solatube International website at www.solatube.com or call +1 (760) 597-4400.