Decatur, GA, November 06, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Private Bank of Decatur
has named James W. (Jim) Maxson and Carter Wilson to its Board of Advisors. Maxson is a partner in the law firm Culhane Meadows’ Corporate & Business Services group. Wilson recently retired from the City Schools of Decatur as Athletic Director, and continues to serve the school system part-time. They join seven other community leaders as Advisors of the bank.
“Jim’s legal and business management expertise and his strong knowledge of financial markets and financial services will be invaluable to us,” says Bank President Judy Turner. “Likewise, Carter’s leadership and incredible ties to our City schools and other educational institutions in the area and his deep community roots make him a natural to partner with us in this way.”
She notes that Maxson has been involved with Private Bank of Buckhead, of which Private Bank of Decatur is a part, from the beginning, and that Wilson was one of Private Bank of Decatur’s first customers. The advisory group convenes quarterly, though Turner notes the Advisors are actively engaged between meetings.
“Our ‘ambassadors’ extend and broaden bank relationships, helping us continue to heighten our dedication to First Class Service on a First Name Basis in Decatur and beyond,” she says. “I am honored that Jim and Carter agreed to be part of our extended team.”
In his law practice, Maxson’s areas of focus include insurance-linked securities, mergers and acquisitions, private placements, general corporate matters, insurance regulatory issues and life settlements. In addition to being a highly regarded teacher, education administrator and athletic director, Wilson is recognized as one of Georgia's most respected prep basketball coaches, with a winning record.
Other members of Private Bank of Decatur’s Board of Advisors:
• Arlene Dean - Owner of Segway Properties and Arlene Dean Quality Homes, which builds and renovates single family residences.
• William M. “Bill” Dracos - Chief Business Practice Improvement Officer and Associate Vice President in the Office of the Executive Vice President for Finance & Administration at Emory University.
• Michael Gallagher - one of the owners of Brick Store Pub, LEON’s Full Service, and Kimball House restaurants.
• Evelyn (Lyn) Menne -Assistant City Manager for the City of Decatur and Executive Director of the Decatur Development Authority.
• Alice Murray - A free-lance writer and public relations professional, who retired from a long career with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, is one of the creators of the AJC Decatur Book Festival and is Student Media Advisor at Georgia Perimeter College.
• Kyle Williams - an attorney with an office in downtown Decatur, Williams Teusink.
• Elizabeth Wilson - Wilson has lived in the City of Decatur for over 45 years, and previously served as the City's Mayor. She is widely known as the Mayor Emerita. (She also happens to be Carter Wilson’s mother.)
Private Bank of Decatur brings a private banking approach to all customers across all functions of the bank. It is a division of Private Bank of Buckhead, which is designated a Preferred Lender by the U.S. Small Business Administration and includes a dedicated mortgage solutions unit, PrivatePlus Mortgage
. Both the SBA and mortgage facets are represented in Decatur, and PrivatePlus originates mortgages in 49 states.
Private Bank of Buckhead has its own Board of Advisors, in addition to the bank’s Board of Directors.