Fairfax, VA, April 10, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- MKS Inc. (MKS) (TSX: MKX) announced today the immediate availability of MKS Toolkit version 9.2 and MKS X/Server version 8.5. With each new release, MKS continues our mission to provide true UNIX/Linux to Windows compatibility, connectivity and interoperability. These releases show MKS' commitment in delivering solid new features while enhancing existing functionality. All MKS Interoperability products are fully compatible with VISTA.
The MKS Toolkit solution allows users to instantly be productive in both 32 and 64-bit Windows environments while doing their development, testing or system administration tasks. It also provides a full range of cross-platform tools, expanding the union of Windows and UNIX-based environments. MKS Toolkit provides essential UNIX-Windows interoperability and Windows scripting functionality to millions of users worldwide.
MKS Toolkit 9.2 highlights include:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 - MKS Toolkit 9.2 is fully compatible with the release version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Details on using the Visual Studio 2008 IDE to compile, link, and debug applications can be found in the "The Porting Process" and "Using the Visual C++ IDE" chapters of the online version of the MKS Toolkit UNIX to Windows Porting Guide.
- In addition to support for various C/C++ compilers, this release also features support for version 10.0 of the Absoft Pro Fortran f90/f77 compiler. This compiler can produce executables for both the 32-bit x86 and the 64-bit x64 platforms
- Updated Operating System Compatibility - Compatible with Windows Vista SP1, Windows Server 2008, and the release candidate of Windows XP SP3
The MKS X/Server solution is ideal for tight integration of PCs and UNIX Systems. This true plug-and-play X, with its powerful UNIX/Linux application wizard, guides the user seamlessly through the connection process of starting X- or character-based applications.
MKS X/Server 8.5 highlights include:
- New support for X11R6.9 including extensions like RENDER, RANDR, XKEYBOARD and XInputExtensions for complete support and rendering of applications built on the latest release
- Secure Shell 2 support included. Secure Shell is built-in to terminal emulators, UNIX Neighborhood and remote program start
- Latest device support including spaceball, spacemouse and joysticks as well as configuration mapping
- Enhanced RPS and VPN connection handling
- Greater support for font and color depth
MKS is the rapidly growing thought leader in application lifecycle management, which enables software engineering and IT organization to seamlessly manage their worldwide software development activities. With its flagship product, MKS Integrity, MKS offers support for all software development activities through a single enterprise application, resulting in better global collaboration and higher productivity. MKS supports customers worldwide with offices across North America, Europe and Asia. For more information about MKS, visit their Web site.
About MKS Interoperability Products
Millions of users in heterogeneous UNIX/Linux and Windows environments use solutions from MKS for platform and application compatibility, connectivity and interoperability. Under its widely known MKS Toolkit brand, the Interoperability division of MKS provides UNIX-Windows solutions which allow pure Windows users to automate routine tasks with UNIX/Linux commands and scripts and increase productivity with file and text manipulation tools, batch search and replace tools, and scheduling interfaces. MKS also offers a variety of tools for porting applications from 32-bit and 64-bit UNIX/Linux environments - and for cross platform development. MKS development toolkits offer a feature rich environment with a comprehensive UNIX/Linux and Windows integration management scheme designed to manage Windows environments.
MKS also offers a Windows-based X/Server which is the ideal solution for tight interoperability of PCs and UNIX systems. In a world of heterogeneous IT environments, the need for a high-performance, transparent PC X server that delivers seamless integration between the Windows desktops and UNIX/Linux servers is critical.
MKS and MKS Toolkit are trademarks or registered trademarks of MKS Inc. All other trademarks mentioned in this release are the property of their respective owners.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made. When used in this document, the words "may", "would", "could", "will", "intend", "plan", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the Company’s current views with respect to future events and are subject to such risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from the statements made including those factors detailed from time to time in filings made by the Company with Canadian securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as intended, planned, anticipated or expected. Although the Company believes the expectations represented by such forward looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that those expectations will prove to be correct. The Company does not intend and does not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.