Palmdale, CA, January 13, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Between the Olympics and World Cup qualifiers, 2008 has been an interesting year. The entire industry advanced with some significant innovations by the leaders and some new players entering the market.
Companies like Calle Soccer and Socadelic brought their own passion and vision to the game by focusing on street and beach soccer respectively. Lotto, adidas and Diadora each tried to change the rules for our feet. Century and ProTime Sports offered full lines of kit to outfit an entire league.
In the end, someone has to be the best. This year AVID Soccer selected some powerhouses and some upstarts as the leaders. All of the details are available at http://blog.avidsoccer.com.
The best of 2008 are:
· Best Boot Winner – Lotto Zhero Gravity; when AVID Soccer first reviewed these boots, they called them the Ferrari of cleats. The readers agreed.
· Best Ball Winner – Socadelic Zuma; Socadelic focuses on beach soccer and produces the best in this space.
· Best Kit Winner – In a split decision, the reader’s choice was the adidas Predator Flame, but the editor’s picked the ProTime Sports Tulsa.
· Coolest Lifestyle Product – With overwhelming reader support, the adidas Orlando Pirates (of South Africa) Track Jacket is definitely the coolest.
· The Innovative Product of the Year – Soccer Innovation T-Man training system, introduced one of the most versatile training systems.
About AVID Soccer:
AVID Soccer (http://www.avidsoccer.com) is a grass roots organization that provides information and training to individual players, groups and teams. AVID Soccer consists of coaches and trainers dedicated to improving the image of soccer; the level of training; and the level of play.
The AVID Soccer Equipment Review (http://blog.avidsoccer.com), one of the largest independent review sites, provides objective testing services, reviews and information on soccer equipment and related products. We currently have over 20 testers ranging from U-9 players through semi-pro. The AVID Soccer Equipment review web log was founded in March 2006.