Boston, MA, January 15, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- TeleType has now released the WorldNav 5100 series portable GPS for truck drivers. This new 5’’ inch device accommodates drivers preferring a slightly smaller screen than the top of the line 7” models currently offered by the company. The 5100 model provides the driver with an optimized viewing area while remaining compact in size.
All WorldNav commercial GPS products feature the same navigation software which allows truck drivers to create routes based on the exact size and weight of their vehicles. TeleType offers drivers a variety of routing options such as Quickest, Shortest, Freeways, and Toll Avoidance. In addition, the TeleType commercial software provides an extensive database of over 12 million points of interest including hotels, restaurants, and trucker specific services and points such as truck stops, and weigh stations.
The company continues to innovate as evidenced by its patent applications. Product and map updates are offered at least twice per year. In addition to the off the shelf products, TeleType also offers licensing of its navigation software to developers. The WorldNav commercial truck GPS products are available through major truck stops and on line resellers.
* Truck Restriction Routing insures the commercial driver travels on permitted roads only
* Pays for itself - Avoid costly tickets, avoid tolls, navigate unfamiliar territory efficiently, saving time and gas.
* Hazmat routing - offers 9 levels of Hazmat routing
* Voice directions - Pronounces street names in English or Spanish.
Example: In 2 miles, take Exit 23, to I-95 North
* Touch Screen GPS - with U.S. and Canada maps pre-installed
* MP3 & Video Player - for relaxation during loading or rest time
* Easy Updating - Maps and program installed to secure digital card allowing easy exchange
* 12+ million Points of Interest pre-loaded including truck stops and weigh stations
* Accessories Included - for powering, re-charging and mounting.
* Flexible Routing Options
Example: Shortest, Quickest, Highway, Avoid Tolls
* 350,000 miles of Restricted Roads – clearly indicated on the map based on specific truck characters and load
* Locates Nearest Weigh Stations and Truck Stops
* Supports any size truck and load including overweight and oversize vehicles such as cranes.
Established in 1981, TeleType has emerged to become a leader in the field of Global Positioning Systems. TeleType specializes in software system integration and produces innovative products for a variety of industries. GPS software solutions include off the shelf and OEM support of Windows CE and Pocket PC for vehicle navigation and geographic information systems data collection. Patents Pending 2008, 2009.
For further information contact TeleType Co. at 1-617-542-6220 or 1-800-717-4478, email@example.com.
Product numbers: 310060 (3.5” screen), 510060 (5’’ screen), 710060, 720060 (7” screens)