Chapel Hill, NC, October 21, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- In College Bound, professional college counselor Christine M. Hand, Ed.D, provides practical information and proven techniques to make the most of the college search and admissions process through an insightful and well organized interactive planning guide with over 1,000 live links to essential college-related resources.
“College Bound by Dr. Christine Hand is the ultimate guide to the college application process…filled with essential checklists and links that cover all the necessary bases. If you have a question about applying to college, the answer can be found here.”
– Gigi Meyers, Development Director of Reach for Excellence and Mother of a Recent Graduate
College Bound includes:
- Answers to questions like how to pick a major, which types of post-high school program make the most sense for an individual student, what colleges look for in applicants, where to find financial aid, and more
- Special admissions information for the artist, the athlete, the military-minded, the disabled, and the home schooled along with over 100 minority scholarship websites
- A planning timeline of what college-minded students should be doing from middle school to high school and right through the beginning of their freshman year as an undergrad
- Over 1,000 live links to relevant and vetted resources like grants, loans, scholarships, and pre-college programs – organized by topic and where someone is in the college planning process
- Forms and checklists for self-evaluation, college comparisons, financial considerations, teacher recommendations, etc.
- Extensive Internet resources for career exploration including sample resumes and interview questions
- Step-by-step instructions to take you through the college application process
- Inside information on standardized tests, the ACT, PSAT and SAT
- A comprehensive list of must-read books and publications
- In-depth information on various topics like women’s colleges, diverse populations, alternative lifestyles, and how social networks play into the college application process
- How to make the transition from home to college a smooth one
- A chapter just for parents that covers the admissions process, new student orientation, helicopter parenting, health and insurance, money discussions, and tips for adjusting to an empty nest
About The Author: Christine M. Hand, Ed.D, has spent the last 20 years as a consultant, instructor, high school college counselor, and registered therapist. Her work with high school juniors and seniors focuses on career exploration and college counseling. Dr. Hand is a graduate of St. Lawrence University where she received a B.A. in Art Education and Economics. She earned a Masters in Counseling Education from the University of Bridgeport, and a Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Argosy University. She is an instructor for UCLA’s online College Counseling Certificate Program and provides college search and admissions advice on her website, www.College-Path.com.
College Bound: Proven Ways to Plan and Prepare for Getting into the College of Your Dreams (235 pages) by Christine M. Hand, Ed.D. - $29.00 at http://www.college-path.com