Los Gatos, CA, April 03, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Famed ocean explorer and scientist, Dr. Sylvia Earle, 77, dons the cover of the latest issue of ActiveOver50, the #1 active 50+ consumer magazine in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Earle’s 60-year-old crusade to save the oceans from environmental disaster includes over 100 ocean expeditions and 7,000 hours in submersibles in deep water. TIME magazine named her “Hero of the Planet. Library of Congress called her a “Living Legend.” She’s a world expert marine biologist and author of over 180 scientific publications, adult and children’s books.
“The biggest problem is that most people haven’t known the extent to which the ocean is in trouble,” Earle said. ”We know more about space than we do about our oceans even though the oceans sustain all life on our planet.”
Besides profiling Dr. Sylvia Earle, the latest issue of ActiveOver50 includes the following articles:
• “Running the Boston Marathon” by Dr. Walter Bortz, II
• “Doing Great” by Bella Babot
• “Adventures Off the Beaten Track” by Don Mankin, award winning travel writer
• “The Wrong Widow” by Renee Henning
• “Time to Downsize” by Pat Kapowich
• “Managing Your Meds” by Dr. Moira Fordyce
• Book Review: “The Long Hello” by Cathie Borrie
• “Active 90+ Club” by Noreen Santaluce
• “Retirement Revisited” by Evelyn Preston, the Money Lady
• “Renting: New Trend in Traveling” by Melody Wren
• “Secrets of Bulb Gardening” by Rich Santoro
About ActiveOver50 Media
Founded in 2005, ActiveOver50 is a multi-media company in the San Francisco Bay Area offering an array of products for the active 50+ consumer including TV Spotlight segments with NBC Bay Area, trade shows, e-newsletters, website and print/digital magazines. The magazine reaches over 200,000 in print and online
ActiveOver50 targets the active 50+ consumers who are working, seeking work, thinking of retiring or leading active retired lives. For more information about ActiveOver50 Media, contact founder/CEO Larry W. Hayes at 408.921.5806 or email Larry@ActiveOver50.com. Visit website: ActiveOver50.com.