Clinton, MD, November 23, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Where’s the one place almost every traveler will visit this holiday season? William Massey, creator of The Restroom Kit, a compact all-in-one kit providing the four most essential items needed when using an inadequate or unsanitary restroom, says “Sorry, if you were looking for a more exotic destination, but the reality is anyone traveling this season, by train, bus, plane, or car, will likely need to visit a public restroom at least once before reaching their final destination.”
A recent national survey revealed that 97% of Americans use a public restroom at least once per week and 50% of Americans use a public restroom at least 6 times per week. With the American Automobile Association (AAA) predicting lowered gas prices will help make 2015 the busiest travel season we’ve seen in years, this means more than roughly 100 million fellow travelers will inevitably visit the public restroom during their travels. Massey adds, “Be prepared to compete with millions of fellow travelers for toilet paper, soap and toilet seat covers.”
The survey also revealed that 94% of public restroom users have left a public restroom feeling “dirty,” and an overwhelming 41% attribute that to gas station public restrooms being the worst of all public restrooms. According to a holiday travel report from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics the average Thanksgiving long-distance trip is 214 miles, compared with 275 miles for over the Christmas/New Year’s holiday. Massey was not surprised at the survey results saying, “It’s hard for many of our very young and older population to hold it for long road trips and the most convenient place to stop for gasoline, snacks, and potty relief is at a gas station.” Massey also adds, “We know that 91% of holiday travel is done in a personal vehicle, such as a car, so no wonder people are so disgusted with gas station restrooms – they are overused, over exposed, and likely under serviced. Not to mention the stall supplies are likely covered in germs from thousands of toilet flushes that spray up to six feet in the air and land on everything, including all over your toilet paper and your toilet seat covers. That’s enough to make you rethink how you need to be prepared when using public restrooms this season.”
As a supporter of the best possible public restroom experience, The Restroom Kit encourages travelers to use the following tips and tricks to help “Protect Your Bottom®” and be prepared for the inevitable public restroom visit:
1. Use your home restroom shortly before you start your travels to help reduce the need to go, especially on short trips under 2 hours.
2. Use a public restroom finder app, like SitOrSquat: Restroom Finder by Charmin that can help you find public restrooms that have already been rated and reviewed by previous users.
3. Bring your own pre-packaged supplies, such as The Restroom Kit, in your travel bag or purse. The Restroom Kit is a compact all-in-one kit providing the four most essential items needed when using an inadequate or unsanitary restroom – a patented oversized toilet seat cover, toilet paper, hand wipe, and tush wipe.
4. If a toilet seat lid is available, push that down before you flush to help reduce your exposure to a toilet flume which can spray up to 6 feet of bacteria in the air and on to your person
5. Use a hand wipe, even after you wash your hands. The University of Arizona found that paper towel and soap dispensers contain more than 50 times the amount of bacteria found on a typical toilet seat.
6. Pack small amounts of tissue or toilet paper in your pocket to use on door handles when exiting the restroom.
7. Don’t be afraid to tell management about poorly maintained restrooms. Voicing your concerns to management can help improve the condition of the restroom before your use or for the next visitor.
8. Try to avoid using your bare hands to touch anything (i.e. faucet handle, toilet flusher, door handle, etc.).
Massey also wants restroom users to remember “Other people have to use these bathrooms after you. Be considerate so that they won't have a mess when they go in.”
For more information, visit http://therestroomkit.com/
or visit the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TheRestroomKit/
About TimeAway LLC:
TimeAway LLC is the manufacturer and distributor of The Restroom Kit, a compact all-in-one kit providing the four most essential items needed when using an inadequate or unsanitary restroom – a patented oversized toilet seat cover, three feet of 3-ply toilet paper, individually wrapped and lightly scented tush wipe, and a lightly scented individually wrapped hand wipe.