Concealed Carry Weapons Training for Elected Officials
As a community service and in the interest of promoting firearm safety, In-Gauge of Polk County, a private, non-profit, NRA affiliated club specializing in firearm training will be conducting specialized concealed carry/handgun safety training for elected officials and political candidates.
The concealed carry firearm training will consist of two interactive, hands-on classes:
* Basic – CCW 101 - NRA Basic Pistol – Single type pistol
* Advanced – NRA Defensive Pistol
- Basic – CCW 101 - - This is a 5 hour basic handgun concealed carry qualification course consisting of 4 hours of hands-on, interactive classroom training and a minimum of 1hour live-fire range training. Each participant will fire a minimum of 50 rounds using a defensive caliber handgun, either a revolver or semi-automatic.
The classroom session will consist of handgun safety training, choosing the correct handgun and ammunition for self-defense, the proper handling, storage and care of a handgun.
- Advanced – NRA Defensive Pistol - - The NRA’s Defensive Pistol course is a nationally recognized, true concealed carry training course. The course is 10 hours in duration, consisting of 5 hours or classroom learning and 5 hours of live-fire range training.
The classroom instruction consists of training in recognizing potentially life-threatening situations, avoiding life-threatening situations, dealing with life-threatening situations and the use of lethal force as a last resort. Also, included is the mental preparation for the use of lethal force and the psychological and legal aftermath of a defensive shooting.
During the live-fire range training, each participant will fire a minimum of 200 rounds of ammunition, using a defensive caliber handgun, while learning the proper method of drawing from a holster. The live-fire training consists of exercises involving multiple assailants, choosing and firing from behind cover and concealment.
Classes can be taken separately (Basic – CCW 101 only) or in combination. The Basic – CCW 101 class is a prerequisite for the Defensive Pistol Course.
Participants must be a sitting elected official or an officially announced political candidate for local, state or federal office.
Dates and times:
- Basic – CCW 101 - Friday, June 30th
Range training - Saturday, July 1st
- Advanced – NRA Defensive Pistol - Thursday, July 6th
Range training - Friday, July 7th
- Private group training available.
* Basic – CCW 101 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 50 donation
* Advanced – NRA Defensive Pistol . . . $125 donation
In-Gauge of Polk County is an NRA affiliated, private, non-profit organization. All proceeds go to the promotion of community firearm safety education.
6039 Cypress Gardens Blvd.
Winter Haven, FL 33884