Beijing, China, September 12, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- While the Chinese pharmaceutical industry reported highly positive performance in the first half of 2008, WiCON International Group, the publisher of Pharma China and China Pharmaceutical Guide, expects the industry’s growth to slow down somewhat in the second half of 2008. Most publicly-listed Chinese pharmaceutical companies had over 20% growth in revenues and over 40% rise in net profits in the second half.
Fundamentals of the Chinese pharmaceutical industry remain strong in the second half as demands for pharmaceutical products continue to grow fast. More state policies benefiting the industry are likely to be unleashed in the second half. In addition, the industry’s cost pressures are likely to be relieved somewhat if China manages to put inflation under control.
Nevertheless, the growth is likely to be lowered in the second half due to uncertainties related with the healthcare reform plan and its implementation, rising raw material costs, higher energy prices and expected rise in investments and operation costs under new environmental standards.
According to latest estimates by China Pharmaceutical Guide 2008 (3rd Edition), the size of the Chinese drug market (including all Western and traditional Chinese medicine drug products, biopharmaceuticals and herbal preparations) reached US$50 billion at ex-manufacturer price level in 2007. A separate projection by Southern Medicine Economic Institute (SMEI) suggests the total Chinese drug market at retail price level is close to US$60 billion.
The China Pharmaceutical Guide 2008 is the most authoritative and comprehensive reference in English covering China’s pharmaceutical and healthcare sector which has been widely subscribed by executives of multinational pharmaceutical companies, leading CROs, investment banking firms, consulting companies, industry associations and government agencies. Now in its third edition, this best-selling reference will continue to play an instrumental role in helping executives understand, navigate, manage and lead their pharmaceutical businesses in China.
- Authored by James J. Shen, a veteran pharmaceutical executive and the Publisher/Chief Editor of Pharma China, who has over 20 years of managing China and Asian pharmaceutical businesses as a leading China business consultant, multinational company executive and an entrepreneur.
- Prepared for the Real World Executives to help them navigate through the complex and turbulent Chinese healthcare business environment for success
- Extensive coverage on China's pharmaceutical industry structure and market environment, regulatory framework, healthcare provision and financing, disease & drug consumption patterns, pharmaceutical sales, marketing & distribution, contemporary trends and opportunities, market entry strategies, case studies of successes and failures in six key areas of the Chinese pharmaceutical business, and profiles of leading MPCs in China.
- Comprehensive and latest data and statistics on the Chinese pharmaceutical industry and market, the Chinese healthcare sector, and disease & drug consumption patterns – much of the data made available exclusively by reputable sources to China Pharmaceutical Guide and Pharma China.
- A complete and clear picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework is presented with thorough coverage of all regulations in drug registration, research/GLP, clinical/GCP, import and export, manufacture/GMP, packaging, advertising, distribution/GSP, OTC/ethical drug classification, adverse drug reaction monitoring, internet drug sales, physician drug prescription, etc. Summaries of all these regulations are provided with analysis. In addition, a thorough introduction of all drug related government agencies and industry associations is given with their functions analyzed.
- A thorough review of contemporary issues and challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry in China, as well as promising opportunities with many real world examples.
- Market entry strategies are evaluated and analyzed with real world examples.
- Divided into 10 Parts with 53 Chapters excluding Preface, Executive Summary and Appendices, it has nearly 900 pages with more than 138 tables and charts.
- Updated annually to ensure the most up-to-date coverage and trend analysis
The size of the 2008 Edition of China Pharmaceutical Guide increased to nearly 900 pages from previously 700 pages, and its coverage was expanded significantly in the following areas:
- Most industry, market and health sector data are updated with the 2007 (full year) and early 2008 figures
- All regulatory changes in 2007/2008 are updated to present a clear and most up-to-date picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework with summaries and analysis of all drug regulations in effect including new regulations by June 9, 2008
- An additional 100 pages of new data, information, analysis and case studies
- New and expanded coverage on international regulatory cooperation, the Chinese R&D and outsourcing sector, clinical studies and practices, healthcare reform, community healthcare sector, essential drug policy, regional drug consumption patterns, and the vaccine sector.
- Nine new case studies are added in the 2008 Edition. A total of 21 mini case studies in six important areas including market entry, R&D outsourcing, human resource management, market size/information sources, legal/IPR battles and local success stories.
All purchasers of the China Pharmaceutical Guide 2008 edition will receive one-year complimentary subscription of Pharma China Weekly e-Alert (Premium Edition) which provides a concise summary of the top Chinese pharmaceutical news in every week and Breaking News Alerts which notifies subscribers of any major unfolding events in the Chinese pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
For further information, please contact WiCON International Group to request a free promotional PDF containing the executive summary, the table of contents, the lists of tables and charts, and preface/bio of the author.
To download a brochure/order form and our promotional PDF online, please visit: http://www.pharmachinaonline.com/download/index.asp.
WiCON International Group
Tel: +1 570-5883854
Fax: +1 702-9953905
About WiCON International Group
WiCON International Group is the publisher of Pharma China (www.pharmachinaonline.com), which is the most influential English media and source of business intelligence covering the Chinese pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical sector.
Pharma China caters for the growing needs of the international pharmaceutical industry for up-to-date and insightful intelligence on China’s burgeoning but increasingly complex healthcare marketplace. It is subscribed by most multinational pharmaceutical companies, leading CROs, investment banks, consulting firms and industry associations.
Pharma China publishes the following products:
- Pharma China Journal Edition (monthly in PDF and Print)
- Pharma China Web Edition (continuously-updated news and in-depth commentaries)
- China Pharmaceutical Guide (the most comprehensive and authoritative reference for China’s healthcare sector)
- SNAPI - Database-driven Sino-API Intelligence (the only reliable database of Chinese API products and producers)