Beijing, China, May 07, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Brothersoft, a leading software download portal, today releases a special index about the software used in the making of Avatar for 3D Movie fans.
The software index covers the 21 software titles and 15 of the companies credited for the visual effects in Avatar, which has captured the imagination of millions of people from around the world.
According to Brothersoft, Autodesk is inevitably considered as the first hero in making Avatar, this American multinational corporation focuses on 2D and 3D design software for use in architecture, engineering and building construction, manufacturing, and media and entertainment since it was found in 1982. Its six software titles (Autodesk Maya, Autodesk SoftImage XSI, Auodesk 3ds max, Autodesk MotionBuilder, Autodesk Smoke and Autodesk Combustion) occupy more than 26% of the software used in the making of Avatar.
As an American computer software company historically focused upon the creation of multimedia and creativity software products, Adobe is on the heels of Autodesk with its 4 software titles (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects).
Brothersoft releases the main software used.
- Pixar Renderman for Maya
- Autodesk SoftImage XSI
- Luxology Modo (model design, e.g. the Scorpion)
- Lightwave (low-res realtime environments)
- Houdini (unknown area)
- ZBrush (creature design)
- Auodesk 3ds max (space shots, control room screens and HUD renderings)
- Autodesk MotionBuilder (for real-time 3d visualisations)
- Eyeon Fusion (image compositing)
- The Foundry Nuke Compositor (previz image compositing)
- Autodesk Smoke (color correction)
- Autodesk Combustion (compositing)
- Massive (vegetation simulation)
- Mudbox (floating mountains)
- Avid(video editing)
- Adobe After Effects (compositing, real-ime visualizations)
- PF Track (motion tracking, background replacement)
- Adobe Illustrator (HUD and screens layout)
- Adobe Photoshop (concept art, textures)
- Adobe Premiere (proofing, rough compositing with AE)
Besides Autodesk and Adobe, Brothersoft also provides the index of e companies which have also contributed in the visual effects.
- Weta Digital, New Zealand (most of the work, character modeling, animation, rendering)
- Industrial Light and Magic, USA (180 non-character shots, mostly the human aircraft in the final battle)
- Stan Winston Studios (most of the props, including the Ampsuit and the Samson helicopter)
- Framestore, UK (70 shots of the Hell’s Gate)
- Hybride, Canada (graphics for the link room)
- Prime Focus, USA (design and compositing of the control room screens, HUDs, etc)
- Look Effects, USA (compositing)
- Hydraulx, USA (digital extension shots of crematoria and cryovault)
- Giant Studios, USA (motion capture)
- Blur, USA (4 space shots of ISV Venture Star)
- Pixel Liberation Front, USA (screens and HUD design)
- BUF (the conscience-transfer tunnel)
- Lola VFX, USA (digital cosmetic)
Brothersoft is a leading download sites in the world for free software downloads and shareware sales. Founded in 2002, Brothersoft now offers biggest collection of software programs for Windows, Mac, Mobile and free games downloads as well. Brothersoft is available in English, Japanese, German, French and Spanish. Brothersoft's expertise in the software business can help vendors increase their visibility on the Internet, maximize product sales and distribution.
More information can be found on the official website, at www.brothersoft.com
and you are welcomed to follow us on Twitter, at http://brothersoft.us/twitter
, or join our Facebook network, at http://brothersoft.us/facebook