London, United Kingdom, February 10, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- It is no coincidence that the results of the Dinner4Date.com
Survey 2013 are being published just a few days before Valentine’s Day. Romance is hot and the dating market is a multi-billion dollar business. According to the latest numbers, over 20% of the married couples found each other either online or speed dating. And as part of the mating game, food is crucial in finding the right person. The old phrase "The love of a man (and a woman) goes through the stomach" is not without reason and it is no surprise that 91% of the participants decided to cook for their date before getting serious.
The yearly Valentine survey commissioned by Dinner4Date.com
, shows all the facts, trends and insights into the most important part of the mating game: Cooking. It is Craig Claiborne, restaurant critic, food writer and former food editor of the New York Times who once famously said: “Cooking done with care is an act of love!”
Top 10 Key Results Dinner4Date.com Valentine Survey:
· 48% had at least 1 date per month
· 20% invited somebody for a romantic dinner at home after just 1 date
· 91% cook for their date before getting into a serious relationship
· Italian is the most popular dish (37%), followed by Asian (14%) and French (11%)
· 89% serve a dessert
· 81% does not start the romantic dinner with Champagne or Prosecco
· 19% spend $20 or more for a bottle of wine for a romantic dinner
· Top 3 favourite romantic music: Barry White, Miles Davis, Amy Macdonald
· 28% would still kiss their date even if she they had bad breath
· 13% spend more than $100 for a fragrance
About the Survey: This yearly survey commissioned by Dinner4Date.com shows all the facts, trends and insights into the most important part of the dating game: cooking. The survey took place in January 2013 in the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Republic of Ireland, Spain and France. Total number of participants: 489 and the female/male ratio was 47%/53%.
About Dinner4Date.com: Dinner4Date.com, world’s most romantic "How-To" website with all the information you need to prepare a romantic dinner for two. Ranging from romantic recipes and music to put you in the right mood to clothing tips to truly impress the other - and so much more.
Press and media enquiries: For press and media enquiries please email Alexander or Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries will be responded to as quickly as possible.