South Padre Island, TX, September 13, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- This island getaway is rolling out the welcome mat for GLBT music fans to attend the first annual South Padre International Music Festival
More than 40 acts from a variety of genres will perform November 2-4, 2007, during the South Padre International Music Festival. Current acts on the bill who have GLBT appeal include Patrice Pike, Ginger Leigh, Los Amigos Invisibles and Robert Randolph & The Family Band. More acts are announced each week.
For the entire weekend, musicians from three continents will groove, jam and rock Texas’ tropical paradise on three main stages, several satellite stages and additional showcase venues throughout South Padre Island. A three-day festival pass costs $48 a person, granting each pass holder access to every performance venue throughout the weekend.
Dan Quandt, executive director of the South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
, says GLBT visitors and GLBT residents alike are embraced on South Padre Island.
“GLBT visitors should come here for the same reason everyone comes here: It’s a warm, welcoming environment along the Gulf of Mexico,” Quandt says.
South Padre Island hosts three GLBT-oriented events each year: SPLASH in the spring and fall, and the Women’s Festival in November. “These events are open to all but are geared toward the GLBT community,” Quandt says.
Sponsors of the South Padre International Music Festival are the Sheraton South Padre Island Beach Hotel & Condominiums
and the South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For more information about the South Padre International Music Festival, visit www.spimusicfest.com
Did you know?
– South Padre Island and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, share the same geographic latitude and same ideal climate.
– Average South Padre Island temperatures in November average from the high 80s to the low 70s.
– Average South Padre Island surf water temperatures in November range from the high to low 70s.
– South Padre Island covers 1.81 square miles.
– Nonstop airline service is available to Valley International Airport in Harlingen, and Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport in Brownsville.