Fort Belvoir, VA, November 17, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The Center for American Military Music Opportunities (CAMMO) is launching worldwide auditions to find new members for the Sony Music Veteran Group, 4TROOPS.
To facilitate the process, CAMMO will handle auditions through on online site powered by PureSolo, a web-based company that specializes in music and vocal recording technology.
All U.S. military veterans with an honorable discharge and verifiable DD214 discharge document are eligible. Active duty service members separating from service or starting terminal leave by March 1, 2015, are also eligible, as are National Guard and Reserve component service-members who can receive permission to dedicate the time it takes to fulfill recording, promotional and performance obligations for the group.
Along with Sony Music Entertainment representatives, CAMMO brings together a distinguished group of panelists for the auditions, including:
· Debra Byrd, vocal coach for American Idol for 11 seasons, current vocal coach for the hit series The Voice, chair of the Vocal Division of the Musicians Institute in Los Angeles, and a judge in the U.S. Army’s Operation Rising Star competition.
· Jay Landers, executive producer and arranger of award-winning (Grammy, Emmy, Oscar) music for dozens of artists ranging from Mary J. Blige to Bette Midler, across multiple genres from traditional to country, from urban to Broadway cast and motion picture albums.
· Joey Beebe, vocal coach for the first 4TROOPS album, and CAMMO Music Director.
· Victor Hurtado, producer/writer/arranger for the first 4TROOPS album, and CAMMO Creative Director.
· Jeff Caulfield, producer and music business professional who has worked on projects for Universal, Sony, J Records and Def Jam, and
· Ron Henry, founding member of 4TROOPS and CAMMO Inspirational Division Director.
4TROOPS, formed in early 2010, was the subject of a Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) special, and came in at #36 on the Billboard charts in May 2010. The group subsequently embarked on a 50-city tour of the U.S., following appearances on numerous national television shows. The founding members of the group eventually had to leave the group for family reasons and over the past three years the group has continued to perform the material on the first album with the help of rotating military veteran members.
To audition for 4TROOPS log on to www.cammomusic.org
For more information about the auditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAMMO is a 501c(3) non-profit organization founded in 2009 by U.S. Navy veteran Cathie Lechareas and U.S. Army veteran Victor Hurtado that believes in the healing power of music. Run by veterans for veterans and active-duty service members, CAMMO develops military and veteran artists, technicians, writers and musicians at its CAMMO centers. Concurrently it is developing military-specific music therapy programs providing qualified music therapists who can assist past and present service members who are suffering neurological impairments such as traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress disorder. For more information about CAMMO, visit www.cammomusic.org
Based in New York and London, PureSolo (*Startups Top 100, BBC Click – Best Web Site 2011) is an app creation company specialising in music and vocal recording technology for a range of mobile devices. PureSolo remain the chosen app provider for global brands, TV networks and major label artists seeking a fresh and engaging way to connect with their target audience. PureSolo was founded by US-born David Kaplan, a former Partner at Goldman Sachs (working in the company’s offices in New York, Tokyo and London), and John Thirkell, regarded as one of the UK’s leading trumpet and flugelhorn players. During a career spanning 30 years, Thirkell has played with George Michael, Tina Turner, Paul McCartney, Cher, Pixie Lott and Jamiroquai.