Beijing, China, September 01, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- WiCON International Group LLC, the publisher of well-known WiCON | Pharma China (www.pharmachinaonline.com), announced the official publication of its China Pharmaceutical Guide 2017 (12th Edition).
According to the publication, quoting the latest data from Sinohealth CMH, the Chinese pharmaceutical terminal market growth rebounded to 8.2% in 2016 (vs. 7.6% in 2015), reaching a total value of CNY 1,490.9 billion (at retail price level and excluding herbal crude drug sales). However, the market growth is projected to fall again at 5.8% in 2017 to CNY 1,577.3 billion due to a matrix of pressures including expanding implementation of hospital zero drug sales margin policy, surging healthcare cost containment measures, continued price erosion at centralized hospital drug purchase tenders, as well as initiation of the centralized drug purchase price negotiation and the BMI drug price negotiation.
The China Pharmaceutical Guide 2017, an indispensable reference for MNC pharma executives with China responsibilities for more than a decade, provides various data sets on the Chinese pharmaceutical market and drug consumption patterns from respected sources including QuintilesIMS, SMEI, CPIIC, CPA, Sinohealth, Nicholas Hall and other official sources. The publication, from the publisher of WiCON | Pharma China and covers all aspects of Chinese pharma/healthcare sector, aims to help HQ and local executives at proactive MNCs feel the dynamic and up-to-date pulse of Chinese healthcare in order to stay in the driver seat of their business in the country.
Now in its 12th edition, China Pharmaceutical Guide 2017 continues to play an instrumental role in helping executives understand, navigate, manage and lead their pharmaceutical businesses in China.
* Authored by James J. Shen, a veteran pharmaceutical executive and the Publisher/Chief Editor of Pharma China who has three decades of managing China and Asian pharma businesses as a leading China business consultant, multinational company executive and an entrepreneur.
* Prepared for the real world executives to help them navigate through the complex and turbulent Chinese healthcare business environment for success.
* Comprehensive and latest data on the Chinese pharmaceutical industry and market, the Chinese healthcare sector, drug evaluation and registration, and disease & drug consumption patterns – much of the data made available exclusively by reputable sources to China Pharmaceutical Guide and Pharma China.
The China Pharmaceutical Guide 2017 (12th Edition) has been completely reorganized into four volumes:
* Volume I – Overview of the Chinese Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Sectors (up-to-date coverage of China’s business environment, history and structure of the Chinese pharmaceutical industry, Chinese health sector structure and statistics, health insurance sector structure and data, as well as disease and drug consumption patterns).
* Volume II – Chinese Pharmaceutical IP and Regulatory Guide (a complete and clear picture of the Chinese drug regulatory and IP framework is presented with thorough summaries covering all regulations in drug/biologic registration, drug pricing, research/GLP, clinical research/GCP, import and export, manufacture/GMP, packaging, distribution/GSP, OTC/ethical drug classification, drug advertising, adverse drug reaction monitoring, internet drug sales/e-commerce, physician drug prescription codes, contract manufacturing, international regulatory harmonization, compulsory licensing/technology transfer, patent and trademark application, enforcement, litigation and strategies, data exclusivity, counterfeit drugs and drug safety liabilities. Summaries of regulations are provided with needed analysis. In addition, a thorough introduction of all drug related government agencies and industry associations is given with their functions analyzed.
* Volume III – Annual Review, Trends, Opportunities and Strategic Considerations (including a complete review of latest data, business trends, regulatory & IP/legal developments and healthcare reform progress of the Chinese pharmaceutical industry and market in 2016/1H2017, and a large collection of feature articles from industry experts relating to contemporary trends, issues and strategic considerations as well as promising opportunities of the present and future); and
* Volume IV – Sales & Marketing, Entry Strategies and Case Studies (covering orientation, models and strategies of pharmaceutical sales, marketing and distribution in China, marketing entry strategies and execution, case studies featuring success stories of MNCs and domestic players, R&D and outsourcing, human resource management and legal/IP issues), as well as appendices with full texts of important healthcare/pharmaceutical related policies, laws and regulations.
The China Pharmaceutical Guide 2017 (12th Edition) has been thoroughly updated with ample latest data from many reputable sources, abundant analysis by leading industry experts, new regulations and more case studies. Its coverage was renewed and expanded in the following areas:
* Hundreds of pages of new data, information, analysis and case studies.
* Thorough summaries and analysis of the latest healthcare reform, drug pricing & reimbursement and hospital tender purchase policies.
* Comprehensive industry, market and international trade data as well as health statistics are updated with the 2016 (full year) and available figures for the first half of 2017.
* Expanded coverage on e-commerce and digital marketing opportunities, the primary healthcare sector, the OTC and consumer healthcare sector, high growth market segments, key regional hospital markets, and the pharmaceutical distribution sector.
* Updated coverage of the Chinese biosimilars/biologics market prospects and regulatory outlook.
* Updated coverage of emerging legal issues (including latest Chinese government crackdown on corruption in healthcare, FCPA/compliance and liability issues) and drug-related IP and trademark concerns.
* Comprehensive top line data, research findings and observations from our collaborative partners such as IMS Health, Kantar Health, Nicholas Hall, ZS Associates, Rubicon Strategy Group and RDPAC, as well as other reputable sources including the Chinese Pharmaceutical Association, SMEI, CPIIC and Sinohealth.
* All regulatory changes in 2016/1H2017 are updated to present a clear and most up-to-date picture of the Chinese drug regulatory framework with summaries and analysis of all pharmaceutical related regulations in effect by mid-2017.
* Focused coverage of China’s ongoing efforts to revamp its drug regulatory regime through amendments of the Drug Administration Law, its latest proposal and preparations to overhaul the drug pricing mechanism, deepening reform of its drug registration and evaluation regime, new policies to support drug innovation and high clinical value generics, and its initiative to re-evaluate all generic drugs with bioequivalence studies.
* An updated section covering proposed new drug-related laws and regulations under drafting process with selective previews of the draft versions.
* Extensive review and analysis of China’s drug registration applications and approvals as well as Chinese drug innovation trends in recent years.
* Comprehensive review of Sino-foreign M&A, joint venture, strategic alliance, licensing, research partnerships, co-marketing, and new drug research events in 2016 and early 2017.
* Expanded coverage on MNC strategies in China with healthcare reform in the backdrop, intellectual property/patent law amendments, data exclusivity, patent litigation, drug regulations, pharma marketing and distribution strategies, drug consumption patterns, the Chinese R&D and outsourcing sector, clinical studies/practices, healthcare reform, community healthcare sector, essential drug policy, regional drug consumption patterns, and the vaccine and API sectors.
* Numerous new case studies in five key areas of pharma business are added.
All purchasers of the China Pharmaceutical Guide 2017 (12th Edition) will receive one-year complimentary subscription of Pharma China Weekly e-Alert (Premium Edition) which provides a weekly summary of the top Chinese pharmaceutical news and Breaking News Alerts which notifies subscribers of any major unfolding events in the Chinese pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
For further information, please contact WiCON International Group to request a free promotional PDF containing the executive summary, the table of contents, the lists of tables and charts, and preface. To download our promotional PDF and a brochure/order form, please visit: http://www.pharmachinaonline.com/download/index.asp.
WiCON International Group LLC
Tel: +86 10 84476010 Fax: +86 10 84476110 or +1 801 7515728
WiCON International Group is the publisher of WiCON | Pharma China, the most trusted English media and source of business intelligence covering the Chinese pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical sector.
WiCON | Pharma China (www.pharmachinaonline.com) caters for the growing needs of the global pharma industry for up-to-date and insightful intelligence on China’s burgeoning but increasingly complex healthcare marketplace. It is subscribed by most MNCs, leading CROs, investment banks, consulting firms and industry associations.
WiCON | Pharma China publishes the following products:
* Pharma China Journal Edition (monthly in PDF and Print)
* Pharma China Web Edition (continuously-updated news and in-depth commentaries)
* China Pharmaceutical Guide (the most comprehensive and authoritative reference for China’s healthcare sector)