London, United Kingdom, September 26, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- SMi Group announces the 10th Annual RNA Therapeutics Conference in London on February 20th - 21st 2019. Undoubtedly, the field of RNA therapeutics is currently undergoing a major expansion, and the potential for using RNA drugs for personalised medicines and immunotherapy, as well as to address genetic, infectious and chronic diseases will ensure the continued development of RNA therapeutics for years to come.
Fulfilling the potential of genetic discoveries requires the development of therapeutics that can specifically modulate the expression of disease-relevant genes. RNA-based drugs, including siRNAs and antisense nucleotides, are promising examples of a newer class of biologics. Researchers have tried to overcome the major challenges for utilising RNAs in a therapeutic context, including: intracellular delivery, stability and immunogenicity.
Join SMi Group in February 2019, for SMi’s 10th annual sell out conference, RNA Therapeutics. Bringing together industry experts from leading RNA companies, to discuss the challenges for clinical translation of RNA-based therapeutics, with an emphasis on recent advances in delivery technologies, and present an overview of the applications of RNA-based drugs for modulation of gene and protein expression, and genome editing.
Network and learn from key opinion leaders such as:
Chair’s for 2019:
• Ekkehard Leberer, Senior Director, Alliance Management, Sanofi
• Shalini Andersson, Senior Director and Head of New Modalities, AstraZeneca
• Carsten Rudolf, Chief Executive Officer, Ethris Gmbh
• Paul Agris, Founder and Director, The RNA Institute
• Marian Gindy, Executive Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Merck Research Labs, Merck & Co, inc.
• David Giljohan, CEO, Exicure
• Ingmar Hoerr, Founder & CEO, CureVac AG
• David Blakey, Chief Scientific Officer, MiNA Therapeutics
• André Gerber, Professor of RNA Biology, University of Surrey
• Heinrich Haas, Vice President Drug Delivery, BioNTech RNA Pharmaceuticals
• Markus Mandler, Chief Scientific Officer, Accanis Biotech
• Troels Koch, Vice President & Head of Research, RNA Therapeutics, Roche
• Hans Kistemaker, Associate Director, ProQR
2019 Featured Highlights:
- Discover the clinical progress of Spherical Nucleic Acids at Exicure
- Understand Sanofi’s strategies to deliver therapeutic oligonucleotides across biobarriers
- Learn from ProQR how to plan for oligonucleotide supply from personalized medicine to large scale markets
- Explore the development of small activating RNA – from bench to bedside with MiNA Therapeutics
- Gain insight into the discovery and development of self-amplifying mRNA vaccines at GSK
Download a value-packed brochure online: www.therapeutics-rna.com/prc
A few of last year’s attendees:
Accanis Therapeutics | Accent Therapeutics | Advanced Cell Diagnostics SRL | Aldevron | Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. | Arsanis Biosciences GmbH | Arsanis Inc | AstraZeneca | AstraZeneca plc | Bayer / NOF Europe GmbH | BianoGMP | BioNTech AG | Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. | KG | Chemgenes Corporation | CureVac GmbH | Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. | Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH | Future Medicine Ltd | GSK | Heptares Therapeutics | Hoffmann Eitle | InteRNA Technologies | Janssen Vaccines & Prevention | LGC | Life Technologies AS | Lipocalyx | Manchester University | MHRA | MiNA Therapeutics | Moderna Therapeutics | N4 Pharma UK Limited | NEUWAY Pharma GmbH | Phion Therapeutics Ltd | ProQR Therapeutics | ROCHE | Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH | Southeast University | Storm Therapeutics | Sygnature Discovery | Synthetic Genomics Inc | TCR Solutions | The Italian Institute of Technology | The RNA Institute | The RNA Medicines Company | Universita Magna Graecia - Catanzaro | University College London | University of Edinburgh | University Of Glasgow | University of Rennes 1 | University Of Twente / 20Med | Vivomicx
Download the full attendee list in the download centre: www.therapeutics-rna.com/prc
For those looking to attend, there is currently a £400 early-bird saving, only valid online. Register today
Follow "SMi Pharma" on LinkedIn for latest pharmaceutical industry updates.
SMi Presents the 10th annual conference:
Date: 20th – 21st February 2019
Location: Copthorne Tara Hotel, London UK
For all media inquiries contact Pav Solanki on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6048 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk