New York, NY, September 15, 2009 --(PR.com
DNAML, an eBook technology house has announced the release of a software called ‘PDF to ePub’. Publishers, authors, conversion and design houses can now convert an unlimited number of PDF eBooks into the industry standard ePub format in just six simple steps.
With DNAML’s PDF to ePub ‘game changing’ software it is possible to achieve four essential goals simultaneously:
1. Publishers can dramatically reduce the costs of PDF to ePub conversion, making in-house conversion a real possibility for the very first time.
2. The conversion process is quick and requires neither technical nor programming knowledge. (A typical trade title will take 2 to 5 minutes to convert).
3. The reduced PDF to ePub conversion cost provides content owners new options including in-house and onshore conversion. This in turn provides greater control over digital content.
4. In-house conversion dramatically accelerates time to market for trade titles, enabling publishers and authors to promptly submit latest eBook releases to distribution networks.
Adam Schmidt, DNAML’s CEO said: “DNAML is proud to be first to market with a professional solution in PDF to ePub which solves a crippling eBook adoption problem.”
Michael Smith, Executive Director of the International Digital Publishing Forum said: “We are excited there is an additional option for Publishers to create EPUB and help introduce more titles into the digital supply chain. A critical mass of content is necessary for continued growth in the eBook space and EPUB is designed to help facilitate the flow of content through sales and distribution channels to get titles to market.”
The International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) maintains industry standards for text-based digital reflowable books and publications and developed the EPUB standard.
“The current common practice is for most conversion houses, publisher service providers, distributors, publishers and authors to outsource the conversion to India, Vietnam, Philippines, Russia and other perceived ‘cost effective’ outsourcing countries,” said Schmidt.
“PDF to ePub has been developed by DNAML to reduce the cost and time challenges currently retarding eBook creation and adoption. Our new software wizard has the effect of reducing the need to use perceived ‘cost effective’ outsourcing countries conversion houses,” said Schmidt.
Despite the current trend in outsourcing eBook conversion, the most significant problems identified by publishers we surveyed are:-
- The majority of publishers wish to retain secure control over their eBook files at all times.
- Conversion costs
- Quality control over the ePub
Although the outsourcing centres have to date been viewed as lower cost options than local production houses or in-house production solutions, an average trade title still costs between US$30 to US$200 for conversion from PDF to ePub. This price point remains prohibitive to most publishers. The PDF to ePub software wizard slashes the costs for an average trade title file conversion from PDF to ePub to between $2 to $5 per trade title, depending on whether the conversion is outsourced locally, using cheaper outsourcing centres or conversion is done in house by the publisher.
With the ability to convert to ePub in-house, the publisher is able to retain full control over the quality and accuracy of the ePub eBook.
PDF to ePub is priced at $99 and allows publishers and authors to quickly convert unlimited numbers of titles from PDF to ePub. It can be purchased from www.pdftoepub.com
PDF to ePub Functionality
- Quick conversion (2 to 5 minutes for an average trade title)
- 100 % text accuracy
- Auto paragraph joining algorithm that works automatically across multiple pages
- Correctly splits final HTML into multiple segments, improving performance and lowering memory requirements for ePub readers and eBook devices
- Handles images and image positioning based on the PDF positioning
- Provides the PDF to ePub user the option to overwrite glyphs (character images) utilised within the PDF, with custom characters using a simple interface which requires no programming knowledge
- Converted ePub will be automatically validated to ensure 100% compatibility with ePub check
- Can convert from PDF to HTML allowing for web pages creation from the PDF text
- Customise PDF area to extract from thus avoiding common problems with other conversion tools like headers and footers of pages being treated as body text
- Provides the PDF to ePub user a pre-set option using PDF to ePub preset rules or to employ custom rules to the ePub conversion process
- For Advanced users - PDF to ePub uses a powerful scripting language (.lua) to allow the PDF to ePub user to fully customise how text and images are extracted from the PDF files
- Provides the end user the ability to set DPI (resolution) for images and glyph (character images)
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, DNAML Pty Limited is a software-development company specializing in e-publishing solutions.
Over the past ten years DNAML has created innovative products in the field of electronic publishing, based around its document-authoring system’s, publishing conversion tools, it’s distribution solutions and reseller systems.
DNAML products include, ‘PDF to ePub’, ‘DNL’ eBook format, DNL DRM eBook security and distribution solution, PDF to Page Turn and eBook.com .
For further information on PDF to ePub please visit Http://www.PDFtoePub.com
DNAML - Australia