New York, NY, August 13, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The SML Group (“SML”) known for its range of Brand Identification Labels, has today launched the ViziT™ FT/200 a Bulk Encoder and Box Audit station. For operations that require bulk encoding of RFID tags and where items need to be counted and matched to the SKU when packed into boxes. At Site locations such as shipping/receiving, the FT/200 introduces record speeds and accuracy in bulk item level validation and RFID chip encoding.
The FT/200 incorporates a set of unique Patent Pending features that bring a new dimension to Bulk Encode, Bulk Read applications. The unique features include:
1. A ‘Flexible Tunnel’ which allows for cases of different sizes.
2. A ‘Creep’ function which checks for a 100% Read/Write result and automatically re-adjusts machine parameters according to the environment and product specification until a 100% Read/Write action is achieved. ‘Creep’ eliminates situations where the conveyor travels too fast and tags exit the cage before being fully read or encoded.
3. A ‘FT Conveyor’ function, which eliminates the shrink and reflection effect of metal on the RFID tags and increases the speed at which items are successfully encoded.
4. An ‘Auto Tilt’ mechanism which uses optimal algorithms to ensure that all tags are encoded and read, even when tags are presented to the antennas as ‘edge on’.
5. ‘Emitter Count’ reduces the number of sequenced emissions needed to Read/Write to tags, which results in record through put speeds which can reach as fast as 200 items in around 5 seconds.
“As Retailers continue to roll out RFID into their stores we are looking hard at how these RFID tagged items may bring benefits to the Vendors and Brand Owners who are tagging the products in their Factories and Warehouses,” said Philip Calderbank; SML VP of Global RFID. "With this high speed Bulk Encoder a manufacturer may undertake to do their own In-Plant RFID tag encoding; even when items have already been packed into boxes."
This same unit may be also be used for Bulk reading and validation of items and so can be employed for many functions at shipping and receiving. One key application is to run an automatic ‘Box Audit’ at a shipping station when mixed items are picked and packed into cases. Being able to run a full count of items inside of a box and have this checked and compared to the SKU list will enable 100% audits prior to shipping, while dramatically reducing the time taken as compared to manual Box Audits.
The FT/200 is the first in a new set of ViziT™ solutions that SML is developing in order to compliment the extensive range of RFID tags that are available through our Service Bureau’s around the globe. FT/200 enables the Vendor/Brand Owners to take advantage of the Mass Adoption of RFID that is now happening across the supply chain.”
About SML Group
SML is a global total brand identification solutions provider serving an international clientele consisting of top fashion brands and some of the largest retailers in the world. Its wide range of high quality products includes woven labels, printed fabric labels, EAS, RFID, heat transfer, packaging, specialty trims, printed paper products, etc. With presence in over 30 countries and wholly-owned manufacturing facilities around the world, it is committed to effectively and efficiently serving the worldwide needs of clients and exceeding their expectations in quality, price, service and speed. The SML ViziT™ brand provides for RFID item visibility with EAS-type loss prevention and includes RFID-enabled labels/tickets/hangtags, as well as EPC serial-number chip encoding which is provided through a network of globally located service bureaus. A cloud-based IT data management solution completes the ViziT™ package.