New York, NY, February 09, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conference (WCNC 2015) will hold its upcoming annual event dedicated to the latest advancements in wireless communications and networking technologies from March 9 – 12 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. Located within walking distance of the City’s fabled French Quarter and newly-revamped Riverwalk Marketplace, IEEE WCNC 2015 will include more than 500 presentations devoted to the entire range of next-stage digital cellular, PCS, multimedia, channel modeling, radio resource management, green networking and emerging mobile applications.
“IEEE WCNC offers global communications experts the opportunity to explore the full-spectrum of next wave wireless broadband, Internet, interconnected software and radio networking technologies in a setting designed to promote learning and establish professional relationships that span decades,” says Richard Miller, IEEE WCNC 2015 Executive Chair. “It will be our honor to feature the presentations of the industry’s finest researchers and scientists, while witnessing the ongoing progress of efforts designed to further the quality of everyday lives.”
“This will all be performed against an incredibly exciting backdrop recognized worldwide for its culture, Cajun cuisine and wondrous architecture. New Orleans is not only one of the largest and busiest ports in the world and one of the top ten most visited cities in the United States, it is renowned for its many attractions ranging from the notorious nightlife of the French Quarter and Bourbon Street to its historic rows of 19th-century mansions, museums, dark jazz clubs and famous bowls of gumbo.”
IEEE WCNC 2015 will open Monday, March 9 with eight tutorials and seven workshops dedicated to topics like 5G architectures, next generation WiFi technologies, device-to-device & public safety communications, Internet of Things energy efficiencies, cooperative & heterogeneous cellular networks, electric vehicles in the smart grid and vehicular clouds from connected cars to smart cities.
On the following day, the conference will officially commence with nearly 1,000 industry professionals, academics and government officials expected to attend the presentation of hundreds of panel discussions, technical sessions, networking events and executive forums exploring the latest advances in the wireless field. This will be highlighted by the keynote addresses of numerous world-renowned researchers and corporate leaders such as:
• Victor Bahl, Principal Researcher and Director of the Mobility & Networking Research (MNR) group, Microsoft Research, who will speak on “Cloud 2020: The Emergence of Micro Datacenters for Mobile Computing” and his vision for a “new world of disaggregated clouds”
• Richard Gitlin, Agere Systems Chair of Electrical Engineering, University of South Florida, who will address the latest “In Vivo Wireless Communications and Networking” innovations and its potential for advancing health care delivery and emerging cyberphysical biomedical systems
• Lajos Hanzo, Faculty of Physical Sciences and Engineering, University of Southampton, United Kingdom, who will offer his views on “Aircraft Ad-Hoc Networking for The “Internet-Above-The-Clouds”, for “Free-Flight” and All That...”
• Kevin Jou, Corporate Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, MediaTek Inc., who will take “A look at trends in mobile technologies” and the mobile communications systems needed to accommodate increasingly faster computing and data rate speeds
• Seizo Onoe, CTO, EVP and Member of Board of Directors, NTT DOCOMO, who will discuss “5G and Beyond” the status of cost-effective cellular system solutions designed to provide wide coverage and broader bandwidth by 2020 and beyond
• Jerry Pi, Chief Technology Officer, Straight Path Communications Inc., who will detail “Innovation to Transformation – Next Generation Mobile Broadband as the Infrastructure for a Connected World” and the transformation of infrastructures earmarked by 100 billion connected devices and a 1000x increase in mobile broadband by the next decade
In addition, IEEE WCNC 2015 will be highlighted by several senior-level executive panels addressing the areas of “5G Testbeds, experiments, demonstrations” and “5G Vision and Requirements.” Other conference milestones will be the presentation of nearly 400 technical papers detailing the latest innovations in areas like “Cloud & Health Networking,” “GPS Tethering for Energy Conservation,” “A Mobility Management System for Mobile Cloud Computing,” “A Novel Handover Scheme to Support Small-cell Users in a HetNet Environment” and “Relaxed Channel Polarization for Reduced Complexity Polar Coding.”
For more information on IEEE WCNC 2015, including registration and patronage details as well as ongoing conference updates, please visit www.ieee-wcnc.org/2015. All visitors to the IEEE WCNC 2015 website are also invited to reach out to friends and colleagues through the conference’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.