Dallas, TX, November 18, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- With North Korea and Russia threatening nuclear war and ISIS using chemical weapons, NORAD Shelter Systems LLC® is offering fully rated underground bomb shelter protection for four to six civilians. The S16x10-CIV underground shelter is NORAD's smallest NBCE (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, Electromagnetic Pulse) bomb shelter, manufactured to numerous engineering standards. While most underground shelter manufacturers do not adhere to any engineering standards, NORAD offers S16x10-CIV performance data enumerating the bomb shelter's protection and strength values.
The modified military bomb shelter is available at a starting price of $195,040.
The S16x10-CIV shelter meets many standards from numerous bodies including:
- ABYC: American Boat and Yacht Council
- ANSI: American National Standards Institute
- API: American Petroleum Institute
- ASHRAE: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- ASME: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASTM: American Society for Testing Materials)
- MIL: U.S. Department of Defense Military Standards
- STI and NACE: Steel Tank Institute and NACE International – The Corrosion Society
- POP Principles of Protection: U.S. Handbook of NBC Weapon Fundamentals and Shelter Engineering Design Standards, Brown, 6th Ed. 2013.
- POP was written by renowned mechanical engineer Walton McCarthy with help from the U.S. Department of Defense, Oak Ridge National Laboratories and Defense Nuclear Agency, the Nuclear Engineering Laboratory, POP establishes the underground bomb shelter industry engineering standards for protection from nuclear war, bio-chemical weapons and numerous other threats.
The S16x10-CIV is a NORAD S-Series bomb shelter. The S-Series shelters are the only rated shelters in the world: NORAD provides data based on actual nuclear bomb tests describing maximum potential radiation exposure inside the shelter.
Walton McCarthy - Author of the Engineering Bible for Underground Shelters
Born in New York, Walton W. McCarthy established the very first guidelines for effective designing and manufacturing of the underground shelters in a book “The Nuclear Shelterist” in 1983. However, it was his second book “Principles of Protection: U. S. Handbook of NBC Weapon Fundamentals and Shelter Engineering Design Standards” where a committee of experts gathered to define the standards called "The Bible of the Shelter Industry." McCarthy set the definitive design standards for engineering of underground shelters that can withstand biological, chemical, nuclear, and electromagnetic pulse attacks, as well as fire, flood and intruder assaults.
Specifications of S16x10-CIV Shelter
Of the many specifications to which the S16x10-CIV shelter adheres, some of the most notable ones are as follows:
- MIL-STD-188-125: High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) Protection for Ground-Based C4I Facilities Performing Critical, Time-Urgent Missions Part 1: Fixed Facilities
- QQ-A-200/8F: Aluminum Alloy 6061, Bar, Rod, Shapes, Tube and Wire, Extruded
- MIL-T-10727B: Tin Plating: Electrodeposited or Hot-Dipped for Ferrous and Nonferrous Metals
Chemical Warfare Protection
- MIL-C-0013724C (EA) Grades 1 to 4
- ASHRAE Standard 62: Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Quality
- ASME N510: Testing for Nuclear Air Treatment Systems
- EA-C-1704: Carbon, Activated, Impregnated, Copper-Silver-Zinc-Molybdenum TEDA Carbon
- MIL-PRF-32016 (EA): Performance Specification: Cell, Gas Phase, Adsorber
- MIL-STD-282: Filter Units, Protective Clothing, Gas Mask Components and Related Products
- MS-MIL-F-51079D: Filter Medium, Fire-Resistant, High-Efficiency
- UL586: High-Efficiency Particulate Air Filter Units
- ASME AG-1a, Section FC: Code on Nuclear Air and Gas Treatment
- ASHRAE HSA 87 Survival Shelters
- Allowable Ampacity of Conductors Under 50 Volts (ABYC)
- American wire gauge (AWG)
- ANSI A58.1-1982 Design Loads For Buildings And Other Structures, Minimum, Gives minimum load requirements for the design of structures that are subject to ...
- NSF/ANSI 42 Drinking Water Treatments Aesthetics
- NSF/ANSI 53 Drinking Water Health Effects
Hatch Bullet Resistance
- MIL-A-46100: Armor, Plate Steel, Wrought, High-Hardness
- NACE TM 01-01 Measurement Techniques Related to Criteria for Cathodic Protection on Underground or Submerged Metallic Tank Systems
- NACE TM 04-97 Measurement Techniques Related to Criteria for Cathodic Protection on Underground or Submerged Metallic Piping Systems
The S16x10-CIV does not use concrete and is re-deployable. It is protected from corrosion by a formal cathodic corrosion protection system. It is warrantied for 30 years from structural failure, uses EMP shielded enclosures and is designed for off-grid living.
S16x10-CIV Sheltering in a Condo, not a Cage
The S16x10-CIV shelter does not feel like a bunker. The shelter is designed to honor needs that we take for granted until they are taken away. The shelter design addresses the basic human needs to stand, walk, clean oneself, breathe, eat, see and go to the bathroom. The vast range of amenities includes:
· Hot and cold running water
· Water sterilization and filtration system
· Queen size bunk bed
· Radio communication
· Microwave oven
· Methanol stove
· Storage shelving
· Kitchen table and chairs
· Kitchen cabinets and counter
· Kitchen Sink
· Bathroom sink
· Fiberglass shower
· Flushable toilet
· Septic system
· 8-10 feet ceiling height
Only NORAD shelters have a TRS or Total Rems in Shelter of 3 Rems at 10 psi which translates to a safe dose of radiation when sheltering from a 100 KT above ground nuclear bomb 0.9 miles away. Except for using solar rather than generator power the S16x10-CIV is the same as NORAD S-Series Military shelter models.
About the Company
Based in Texas, NORAD Shelter Systems LLC® makes bomb shelters based on 40 years of design experience and installing over 1,400 underground shelters. NORAD designs, engineers and installs underground bomb shelters to protect military and civilians from Nuclear, Biological, Chemical and Electromagnetic Pulse Attacks, Power Grid Loss and Social Collapse, Conventional War, Terrorism and Natural Disasters. Its S-Series underground shelters protect troops and civilians from nuclear blast and radiation. For more information regarding S16x10-CIV solar underground shelter please visit https://noradshelters.com/bomb-shelter-for-sale/