Cincinnati, OH, December 29, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Today, The Medal of Hope Society, a grassroots organization comprised of wounded combat veterans and a Gold Star father, announced that President-elect Donald J. Trump as a recipient of The Medal of Hope. The Medal of Hope is The Medal of Hope Society’s highest honor, presented to U.S. civilians who have made exceptional contributions/deeds to improving the quality of life for wounded U.S. Armed Forces veterans. “The other recipients are Bob Woodruff, Gary Sinise and former Mayor Rudy Giuliani,” said Purple Heart recipient and The Medal of Hope Society’s Spokesperson Gunnery Sgt. Samuel Deeds, USMC (ret.).
The Medal of Hope will be presented to President-elect Donald J. Trump by a special-forces soldier paralyzed in combat (see picture), Chief Warrant Officer-3, Green Beret in the 7th Special Forces Group, Romulo “Romy” Camargo (ret.) and Air Force Major Timothy O’Sullivan (ret.) both highly decorated wounded combat veterans. Air Force Major Timothy O’Sullivan (The Medal of Hope designer), a Purple Heart & Bronze Star recipient, was principle advisor to General David Petraeus and General James N. Mattis and prepared these Commanders for engagements with foreign heads of state and other senior officials. Purple Heart & Bronze Star recipient, Green Beret Romy Camargo was shot in the back of the neck during a fierce firefight in an ambush in the Zabul province of Afghanistan and is paralyzed from the neck on down. Both are founding members of The Medal of Hope Society. “We are loyal and we are family,” said Camargo. “We welcome President-elect Trump to our family.” Please visit wounded heroes O’Sullivan and Camargo’s congratulatory video to President-elect Trump at http://www.herohope.org/videos
Another founding member, Gold Star father John Prazynski, proud father of Lance Corporal Taylor Prazynski USMC, killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom said, "The Medal of Hope Society was organized by civilian Richard Lynch and then noted in The Congressional Record on May 26, 2016. We are extremely loyal and are really one big family brought together thru tragedy but life goes on. Civilians can and do play an important role in helping our wounded heroes move forward. I’m thrilled with the opportunity to recognize President-elect Donald Trump with The Medal of Hope.” Please visit John Prazynski’s congratulatory video to President-elect Trump at http://www.herohope.org/videos.
Members of The Medal of Hope Society to attend President-elect Donald J. Trump’s inauguration
HeroHope.org is sponsoring a number of founding members of The Medal of Hope Society traveling to Washington D.C. for President-elect Donald J. Trump’s inauguration. Attendees include: Medal of Honor recipient Master Sgt. Leroy Petry (ret.), Army hero and Pat Tillman ESPY award winner Danielle Green (ret.), Air Force Major Tim O’Sullivan (ret.), Gold Star father John Prazynski proud father of Lance Cpl. Taylor Prazynski Killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom, Army hero Matthew Deatheridge (ret.), Gunnery Sgt. Sam Deeds USMC (ret.), Sgt. James “Eddie” Wright USMC (ret.) and The Medal of Hope Society Founder Richard “Dick” Lynch.
About HeroHope.org & The Medal of Hope Society
HeroHope.org is the parent organization for The Medal of Hope Society and The Medal of Hope. HeroHope.org is focusing on becoming the collective voice of the severely wounded and at-risk War on Terror Veterans of the US Armed Forces. The organization’s motto is “We are loyal and we are family.” Hero Hope advocates for strong relationships among and between wounded veterans and America's Business & Government Leaders. Hero Hope advocates for responsible funding that keeps our wounded heroes better educated via Skills in Demand training which bolsters their capacity to improve their economic position in life and spurs their families' fiscal and quality of life growth. Hero Hope believes that wounded veteran meetings, gatherings and outings saves lives. Hero Hope believes that all businesses can benefit by incorporating the values of our wounded veterans into their company culture. The reality is that Big Problems needs Big Players, and Hero Hope is dedicated to making the connection. The mission is to develop loyal and long-term relationships between wounded military veterans and senior leaders from business and government for the betterment of all.
· The Medal of Hope was Made in America at The Silver Towne Mint in Winchester, Indiana with over 30 hours of detailed work from some of the world’s most talented craftsmen.
· Air Force Major Timothy O’Sullivan (ret.) is the designer of The Medal of Hope and says, “The white dove represents hope, behind the dove is a gold star representing Gold Star families and those killed in war fighting for our freedom, behind the gold star is a pentagon representing the United States Department of Defense and the purple shading within the pentagon represents those Armed Forces personnel wounded fighting for the United States of America thus receiving the Purple Heart. On the front edge of The Medal of Hope” is the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. On the back of The Medal of Hope are the recipient’s name and the Latin “Acta Non Verba” which translates to Deeds not Words
· The official Medal of Hope ceremonial song is God Bless America and will be performed by country music legend Neal McCoy
· Golf professionals Peter Jacobsen & Ben Crenshaw were early supporters of our wounded hero initiatives and will continue on with their support
· U.S. Army Sgt. 1st Class Manny Colon (medically retired) a 20 year veteran, runs Central Florida for The Medal of Hope Society. At last count there are 200 wounded veterans in that region.
· Medal of Hope founding member Staff Sgt. James Johnson Louisiana National Guard (ret.) was severely wounded in Iraq while his daughter was fighting leukemia back home. Please visit Mr. Johnson’s congratulatory video to President-elect Trump http://www.herohope.org/videos.
Please visit www.HeroHope.org for more information or to make a donation. www.herohope.org/videos