New York, NY, June 24, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- Mark Teixeira, founder of Urban Creek Partners, an Atlanta-based real estate development company, and former Major League Baseball player, will attend Markets Group’s 7th Annual Global Institutional Real Estate Forum
in New York City, December 11-12, 2019 as one of the meeting’s keynote speakers. Teixeira’s keynote will focus on “Investing with Intention in West Atlanta’s Opportunity Zone.”
About the Global Institutional Real Estate Forum
The 7th Annual Global Institutional Real Estate Investor Forum brings together 150-plus executives to discuss institutional capital allocations to real estate investment vehicles. The program was developed to meet the needs of institutional investors such as pension funds, foundations, endowments, real estate consultants and multi-managers. The program comprises:
- A two-day meeting focusing on new and established funds in the market as well as JV and direct investment opportunities.
- Topics that cover perspectives of various types of direct investment by international institutional investors.
- Speaker faculty of over 50 industry leaders will discuss the real estate market trends in 2020.
Other senior industry practitioners that will speak at the Forum include:
- Todd Henderson, Chairman, Head of Real Estate for the Americas, DWS
- Robert Morse, Chairman, Bridge Investment Group Partners
- Dean Adler, Chief Executive Offficer, Lubert-Adler Partners
- Mark Singer, Deputy General Counsel, APG-Asset Management
- Eric Newman, Treasurer, City of Stamford
- Mary D'Souza, Managing Director, Sixiang Holding
- Michael Felman, President, Chief Executive Officer, MSF Capital Advisors
- Scott Stone, Chief Investment Officer, Pentegra Defined Benefit Plan for Financial Institutions
- Sonny Saksena, Chief Investment Officer, Managing Director, Maihar
- Phil Greenberg, Managing Director, Real Estate, Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System
- Gila Cohen, Managing Director, Real Estate and Private Equity, MUFG Investor Services
About Mark Teixeira and Urban Creek
Spending 14 seasons with the Texas Rangers, Atlanta Braves, LA Angels, and New York Yankees, Mark was a three-time All-Star, won five Gold Glove Awards, and three Silver Sluggers. In 2009, Teixeira finished second in the AL MVP voting and helped lead the New York Yankees to the World Series title. In 2016 he founded Urban Creek Partners, a real estate development company based in Atlanta that is focused on urban infill, new development, and the redevelopment of commercial properties in Atlanta and the Southeast. The company’s vision is to create value through sustainable, civic-minded real estate investments that create community and lifestyle.
At the forum, Teixeira will discuss Quarry Yards, a mixed-use development on Atlanta’s westside. “We have assembled property over the past 10 years and have listened intently to the needs and desires of the surrounding community,” Teixeira said, adding: “We are proudly adapting some of the current structures on the site to preserve history in the Grove Park neighborhood where Quarry Yards sits. Finally, we believe the site’s Opportunity Zone status will not only attract businesses, but also encourage them to hire local talent, ultimately improving the entire area.”
For more information, please visit www.urbancreekpartners.com or connect via LinkedIn.
For more information on Markets Group and Market Group’s Investment Forums, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.marketsgroup.org
About Markets Group
Markets Group is an executive forum organizer with a track record of 400+ events in more than 20 countries. Founded in 2009, Markets Group brings together the investment management community for an unparalleled thought leadership experience that provides a platform for peer-to-peer learning, idea sharing, and networking.
The forums present a unique opportunity to link together asset managers and investors to achieve premium return on time and investment.
Markets group has grown into the largest and most successful conference organizer in the world with more than 100 professionals operating out of New York, London, and Singapore.