Boston, MA, August 02, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Recognizing the specialized navigation needs of truck drivers, TeleType pioneered the use of portable GPS for truck navigation beginning in 2008. Now the company has improved its SmartTruckRoute app to include voice turn by turn instructions and added navigation panel information. SmartTruckRoute is an Android application allowing commercial truckers to use the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet to create truck friendly routes with the added benefits of live map updates and live traffic. The software takes into account commercial truck restrictions. SmartTruckRoute helps drivers avoid costly tickets and provides additional safety. With the addition of voice instructions the handset can be left in hands free mode when navigating.
According to Ed Friedman, President, TeleType, “With the addition of speech and navigation panel, SmartTruckRoute is now able to function as a primary means of navigation for truck drivers.”
SmartTruckRoute Key Features and Benefits:
• Navigate big rigs with the convenience of using smartphones.
• Routing considerations include low bridge heights and clearances, load limits, one-way road designations, sharp turns, and allowances.
• Offers the latest truck specific maps and routes.
• Voice turn-by-turn instructions.
• Navigation panel with Distance to Turn, Distance to Go, and Time to Destination.
• Dynamic routing based on size and weight of vehicle, user definable truck specifications.
• Supports Hazmat restrictions by class to avoid tunnels and other restricted areas as appropriate.
• Displays surrounding traffic and aerial views at no additional charge.
• Use the phone's built-in speaker to speak the destination address for safe and convenient hands free operation.
• Navigation does not interrupt other functions of the phone therefore the driver can talk simultaneously while navigating.
TeleType is also planning to release the app for the iPhone and iPad. Future add-on modules for Android and iOS will allow access to load board information to provide location based loads availability along a route or in a specific area simplifying the process of locating available freight based on location in combination with truck friendly routing.
For further information contact TeleType Company at 1-800-717-4478, 1-617-542-6220 or visit http://www.smarttruckroute.com
. SmartTruckRoute is available on Google Play.
Cost: Navigation $19.95/3 months, $45/1 year, Load Board Access, pricing not yet available.