Orlando, FL, June 15, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- CIM-Tech.com Inc. announces it is fully integrated with all three premier 3D modeling packages for the woodworking industry SOLIDWORKS®, Solid Edge and continuing to facilitate Autodesk Inventor. CIM-Tech’s Solid-CIM 3D works inside the engineer’s design software capturing all of the design data and transferring it directly to manufacturing. CIM-Tech will be demoing Solid-CIM 3D with SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge and Autodesk Inventor at AWFS Las Vegas July 19-22, booth 9438.
“From sofa frames to point-of-sale displays, the wood industry is whole-heartedly embracing the 3D modeling world,” Sheldon Prom, CIM-Tech Applications Engineer says. “We can help them do that better and easier through our partnerships with 3D design software SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge and Auto Desk Inventor.”
Launched in 2012 and winner of the IWF Challengers Award, Solid-CIM 3D is the ultimate solution for programming or nesting 3D solid parts and assemblies. Now design engineers and architects can enjoy Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) working directly on 3D solids and 3D solid assemblies to lay parts flat and identify part name, material, and features with cut depths. Other Solid-CIM 3D advantages include:
· Full six sided feature recognition perfect for parts that have horizontal and back side work.
· Fully integrated support for edge banding with pre-mill allowance, control over top side, and grain direction.
· Layered drawings or DXF files with thickness from each part in the assembly, saving many tedious hours of work compared to traditional methods of working from solids.
· A generated cut list that contains part name, material, quantity, panel dimensions, edge banding, and label info, and much more.
· Solid-CIM 3D makes your models and assemblies ready for manufacturing in just a few clicks.
Established in 1986, the founders of CIM-Tech.com Inc. realized that a CNC machine was only as good as your ability to program it. Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) was needed to bridge the gap between Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM). CIM provides for a seamless solution with a common interface for design and manufacturing. From this basic concept a new company was created, CIM-Tech.com Inc. 7512 Dr. Phillips Blvd., Suite 50-859, Orlando, FL 32819; 407-219-9346 - email@example.com; www.cim-tech.com