Boston, MA, October 15, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- TeleType has been actively updating and enhancing the WorldNav Truck GPS product line over the past year. TeleType has now released a new version of the WorldNav Truck GPS product software and maps. The new software includes updated maps with significant improvements to the truck restrictions map database offering the best available mapping for commercial truck drivers. In addition to the new maps, the new software offers new functionality and enhanced points of interest listings. Multiple point routing has been introduced, thereby providing more flexibility for drivers to create routes based on their preferences of travel. Truck stop locations are now sorted by brand name resulting in faster and easier access to desired truck stops.
All WorldNav commercial GPS products feature the same navigation software which allows truck drivers to create routes based on the exact size and weight of their vehicles. TeleType offers drivers a variety of routing options such as Quickest, Shortest, Freeways, and Toll Avoidance. In addition, the TeleType commercial software provides an extensive database of over 12 million points of interest including hotels, restaurants, and trucker specific services and points such as truck stops, and weigh stations.
The company continues to innovate as evidenced by its patent applications. Product and map updates are offered at least twice per year. In addition to the off the shelf products, TeleType also offers licensing of its navigation software to developers and truck manufacturers. The WorldNav commercial truck GPS products are available through major truck stops and on line resellers.
* Truck Restriction Routing insures the commercial driver travels on permitted roads only
* Hazmat routing - offers 9 levels of Hazmat routing
* Voice directions - Pronounces street names in English or Spanish.
Example: In 2 miles, take Exit 23, to I-95 North
* Touch Screen GPS - with U.S. and Canada maps pre-installed
* MP3 & Video Player - for relaxation during loading or rest time
* Easy Updating - Maps and program installed to secure digital card allowing easy exchange
* 12+ million Points of Interest pre-loaded including truck stops and weigh stations
* Accessories Included - for powering, re-charging and mounting.
* Flexible Routing Options
Example: Shortest, Quickest, Highway, Avoid Tolls
* 1 Million miles of Restricted Roads - clearly indicated on the map based on specific truck characteristics and load
* Locates Nearest Weigh Stations, CAT scales, and Truck Stops
* Supports any size truck and load including overweight and oversize vehicles such as cranes.
Established in 1981, TeleType has emerged to become a leader in the field of Global Positioning Systems. TeleType specializes in software system integration and produces innovative products for a variety of industries. GPS software solutions include off the shelf and OEM support of Windows CE and Pocket PC for vehicle navigation and geographic information systems data collection. Patents Pending 2008, 2009.
For further information contact TeleType Co. at 1-617-542-6220 or 1-800-717-4478, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product numbers: 310060 (3.5” screen), 510060 (5’’ screen), 710060, 720060 (7” screens)